4/15/24 - KC @ CWS, 7:40 PM Eastern

From DVS post game story:

"Trying to avoid getting shut out for the sixth time before a paid attendance of 10,569 – there were fewer fans in the stands, some of whom were heard booing — the Sox were blanked for seven innings on four hits." 

1 Sign Pham

2 Fire Vaughn

3 Fire Grillfoil

4 Fire Gertz

5 Goodbye Maldonado Lopez DeJong

6 Promote Colson and Colas

7 Goodbye Pillar and Grossman 

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Schiffren is a joke. I want to like him, but nah.

Talk about someone to feel sorry for....guy comes up with his admittedly stupid South Side Stand Up for wins and he's been able to use it twice in 16 games.

Also from what I've heard, the chemistry between him and Stone is awful.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Talk about someone to feel sorry for....guy comes up with his admittedly stupid South Side Stand Up for wins and he's been able to use it twice in 16 games.

I feel bad for him, he has to try so hard to generate excitement since the team is so boring

• Like 5

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I feel bad for him, he has to try so hard to generate excitement since the team is so boring

agreed. it’s a terrible situation. apathetic to antagonistic fanbase, awful product and replacing a guy who was respected and let go for bad reasons. I’ll cut him some slack. he’s just a young guy trying to make the most of his big break. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

A bit dramatic, right?

JR happy as hell, he now has tied record with his beloved Brooklyn roots!

Edited by Soxfest
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, fathom said:

“But he has no position!!!”….yet one of the smartest front offices found a role for him

But you also know he’d be hitting .185 here

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, wegner said:

Spill the tea

I was thinking if only they could score some runs because the pitching has been ok. Then I looked it up and the team ERA is 25th in MLB.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

55 minutes ago, thedoctor said:

only thing left to root for is maximum embarrassment for jr. of course, he has no shame so there’s nothing to root for at all. 

It's funny that you think you're rooting for maximum embarrassment. I'm guessing you're "rooting" for maximum leverage. 

Broken record here. I do not know baseball anymore. But even I knew in late January when most all of the transactions were complete that this lineup had no chance. Why didn't Jerry and Getz panic at that point and figure something out offensively??

I mean I guess our lineup with Eloy and Robert available has a chance on a 'given night' to score 5-8 runs, but even with them I knew we were doomed offensively. Without those two, I can't see it getting better run wise.

Because a majority of our hitters are incapable of even hitting .250. I guess conceivably Vaughn, Eloy and Sheets could get hot and Beni could turn into an OBP machine but, nah. With all these no name pitchers and clueless hitters, the Sox gots no chance on 9 of 10 nights.

Edited by greg775

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Spill the tea

I know $$ is so vital to Stoney and most all people, but how can he last the season? He's seen so much baseball in his life it has to be pretty tough to provide commentary on these meaningless games. I'd think Stoney would go the way of Hawk and resign and count on a summer of golf, not watching bad baseball. Stoney is 77 in July. Why would he waste precious time in the booth for this team?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

You expected this to finally be the year they all stayed healthy?

No, I just didn't expect 5 major league hitters to get injured or slump to .300 OPS levels, at the same time, over 2 weeks. I guess they did that because of Jerry Reinsdorf's frugality. 

This is all Hahn's White Sox. He assembled a "core" of 5 starting pitchers and 7 position players for his "window" of contention. I'm sure Hahn or Kenny Williams don't feel humiliated by this start. Those are the people responsible for it.