4/23 - Sox @ Twins 6:40 - Fedde vs. P. Lopez

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You know bad umpiring isn't all on the catcher. Maldonado while batting took a 1st pitch strike that looked 6 or more inches off the plate. That was a pitch that framing had nothing to do with as are many bad balls and strike calls.

Sticking up for bad umpiring is ludicrous . All the bad umpiring scorecards aren't dependent on how a catcher frames it, only on bad calls. If an ump needs a catcher to frame it properly to call a strike then they are worthless.

The better you are at framing, the more strikes you get called.  And yes, umpires are completely worthless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Hopefully Fedde keeps pitching well and gets a haul at the TDL. 

Haul doesn't seem like the right word. He'd have to be very good to just get a nice return. He's pitching well now but a long way to go till the TDL and plenty of good teams he'll be facing.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Haul doesn't seem like the right word. He'd have to be very good to just get a nice return. He's pitching well now but a long way to go till the TDL and plenty of good teams he'll be facing.

Yeah you have a point. I think the extra year at an insanely cheap rate for SP might drive up the price from the teams up against the tax. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I keep telling myself that's the last fucking Sox game I watch this year. 

Fire Pedro so these players realize they can keep playing like s%*# and someone else will lose their job. That will light a fire under their guaranteed contract ass. 

They lost me in 2024. Haven't watched one inning. As a caveat though I have watched the game recaps on mlb.com. 

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

Opted to watch the finale of Shogun instead of this game. Looked up the score after finishing the episode, and LOL.

I watched up to the 8th inning after Kopech had shat himself.  I knew what was coming so I switched over to Shogun as well.  Great move by us.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Pedro confirmed the plan was a 2 inning save for Michael, but his bad 8th changed that.

Why? Why on Earth is he trying to make 2 inning saves a thing? Any good will or patience I talked myself into with Getz has absolutely evaporated in his keeping this man employed. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Why? Why on Earth is he trying to make 2 inning saves a thing? Any good will or patience I talked myself into with Getz has absolutely evaporated in his keeping this man employed. 

Would have been a great follow up question.  Media didn’t bother.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Yeah you have a point. I think the extra year at an insanely cheap rate for SP might drive up the price from the teams up against the tax. 

Agreed, I just don’t think teams will view him as a guy like Lynn or Giolito with a history of past success so they won’t give up a big return for him, although the second cheap year of control will likely boost his value a bit like you said.  But this is assuming he keeps this up until the trade deadline…

Edited by WhiteSox2023

10 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Grifol gonna Grifail.

48 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

In the ninth, Wilson walked Carlos Santana with one out before Ryan Jeffers’ half-swing, a bloop double dropped near the left field line in front of Benintendi, who appeared to get a slow read on it.

“That catch was a 20% probability catch,” manager Pedro Grifol said. “We’re playing no-doubles, way back there. Would have been a helluva catch had he made it.”

Where’s @Dick Allen?  He’ll love this quote.

Meanwhile, these were Grifol’s comments from yesterday…

“Pedro Grifol talks accountability, but White Sox' offense has nothing to say”

ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

Edited by WhiteSox2023

https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-twins-beat-chicago-white-sox/600361143/

“Results have not been there, but we’ve been working really hard,” Jiménez said. “So, I know this is not going to be like that forever.”

“For me, it’s come to the field every day, get your work done, and go out in the field and do your job,” Wilson said. “I see things pretty black and white, and tonight, I didn’t do my job.”

“We’ve got to win games, man. Bottom line. We took a 5-2 lead, we had a full bullpen,” Grifol said. “We were in a good spot. Just didn’t close it out.”

“Wilson’s thrown the ball great,” Grifol said of the right-hander, who had held opponents to 2-for-29 entering the ninth. “I was really comfortable with him coming in, starting at [Byron] Buxton right there.

“If it would have been the top of the order, it might have been a little bit of a different story. But that pocket where he came in, it’s a pocket that we targeted prior to the game.”

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/white-sox-walk-off-loss-to-twins

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.mlb.com/player/steven-wilson-621051

Wilson had/has had ONE save in his entire big league career, fwiw.

1/6 in save situations after tonight.

And Kopech's had two.  Pedro was going to put in Mariano Rivera but he's not on the team.  His fast ball was humming, but batters sit on it and hit it.  Credit to him for using the slider more tonight.

Edited by Stinky Stanky
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think Balta explained it at one point. Like he was only 1 of 2 who qualified or something like that.

Should have given it to the other guy

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

“Results have not been there, but we’ve been working really hard,” Jiménez said. “So, I know this is not going to be like that forever.”

“For me, it’s come to the field every day, get your work done, and go out in the field and do your job,” Wilson said. “I see things pretty black and white, and tonight, I didn’t do my job.”

“We’ve got to win games, man. Bottom line. We took a 5-2 lead, we had a full bullpen,” Grifol said. “We were in a good spot. Just didn’t close it out.”

“Wilson’s thrown the ball great,” Grifol said of the right-hander, who had held opponents to 2-for-29 entering the ninth. “I was really comfortable with him coming in, starting at [Byron] Buxton right there.

“If it would have been the top of the order, it might have been a little bit of a different story. But that pocket where he came in, it’s a pocket that we targeted prior to the game.”

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/white-sox-walk-off-loss-to-twins

If Wilson got the top of the order, we win the game no doubt.   But instead he came in the middle of the order, and everyone knows there isn’t anything you can do about that but lose 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If Wilson got the top of the order, we win the game no doubt.   But instead he came in the middle of the order, and everyone knows there isn’t anything you can do about that but lose 

Ha.

It's not like putting wilson in there was a bad move or anything (he's actually been good), but the bullshit quote to try to justify it and make excuses like thisil is just embarrassing. 

8 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Ha.

It's not like putting wilson in there was a bad move or anything (he's actually been good), but the bullshit quote to try to justify it and make excuses like thisil is just embarrassing. 

Yea that’s the thing for me with him, this is an easy “Wilson just didn’t have it, I thought I could get through with Kopech and Wilson and it just didn’t happen” and instead he makes up some bullshit about the part of the order Wilson had to face.  Newsflash, it was the back half of the order, 5-6-7.  Shouldn’t be the scary part

all he had to do was acknowledge that his guys didn’t get job done and move on

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yea that’s the thing for me with him, this is an easy “Wilson just didn’t have it, I thought I could get through with Kopech and Wilson and it just didn’t happen” and instead he makes up some bullshit about the part of the order Wilson had to face.  Newsflash, it was the back half of the order, 5-6-7.  Shouldn’t be the scary part

all he had to do was acknowledge that his guys didn’t get job done and move on

Yeah I'm so sick of these guy's "we were so prepared for every situation" type s%*#. f*** off, man. "Pocket we targeted before the game?" Sure, buddy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

Yeah I'm so sick of these guy's "we were so prepared for every situation" type s%*#. f*** off, man. "Pocket we targeted before the game?" Sure, buddy.

4-D chess played to perfection just like Hahn...

I just feel embarrassed to be born within 25 days of him in November, 1969.  Giving Gen X a bad name.

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

“Wilson’s thrown the ball great,” Grifol said of the right-hander, who had held opponents to 2-for-29 entering the ninth. “I was really co

They had him on the postgame show saying this. Ozzie said he was right, it isn't going to last forever. The season ends in October.

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

Obviously you don't want your favorite team to lose ballgames, but the more this team loses, the closer we get to even Jerry having to admit bigger changes are needed than just firing KW and RH. I hope they keep losing so we see changes sooner than later. 

• Like 2

I 100% want my favorite team to lose games.  I legit root for them to lose every single day.  When I check the app and it’s an off day, I’m disappointed because there’s no chance for them to lose that day. Hoping for the inevitable no hitter soon.  Ideally against some complete no-namer.  If the owner, GM, and manager can all be this careless and incompetent screw it.  I feel bad for some of the players but…they’re also the ones making stupid mistakes and the paychecks are still rolling in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Quin locked this topic