White Sox Winner ! South SIde STAND UP !!!

It's not that difficult. Add some guys who belong on a big league field and you'll win a few games even if the team is horsebleep. Before Pham and Mendick and the recent moves we had zero reason to be interested. Now it appears we're getting close to being just one of many bad teams in the league not historically bad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

It's not that difficult. Add some guys who belong on a big league field and you'll win a few games even if the team is horsebleep. Before Pham and Mendick and the recent moves we had zero reason to be interested. Now it appears we're getting close to being just one of many bad teams in the league not historically bad.

image.png

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Well, it's a better situation to bring any rookies up, into, and if they stumble, they can do it out of the national spotlight. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Is TB shitting the bed or the Sox improving?

The Sox actually faced their 3 best pitchers and won every game, although luck was definitely on our side this weekend. It's hard to only win 3 out of 25 games. Only 2 other teams have done that in the history of the game. The luck was about to turn eventually. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Just need the veterans to perform well and trade them for a ransom at the trade deadline!

Fedde is heading down that road.........he could bring you a haul if he keeps this up

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

And in the 2nd half we might see some of the young guys, which makes it even more watchable. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Since the White Sox outbid the Padres for the coveted services of Tommy Pham:

• White Sox: undefeated, averaging 7 runs/game
  • Padres: winless, averaging 3.33 runs/game

Before Pham: 3-22. On pace for 19 wins.

With Pham: 3-0. On pace for 137 wins and 0 losses.

It's just math.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

Before Pham: 3-22. On pace for 19 wins.

With Pham: 3-0. On pace for 137 wins and 0 losses.

It's just math.

It takes time to bring an aircraft carrier about. Many hopeful signs since Eloy came back and started raking. Bennintendi and Sheets starting to hit and we are starting to get some nice starting and relief pitching.  We had a lot of 1-2 run losses due in part to bad luck so hopefully the WSox will start getting some breaks.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's the Tommy Pham effect or what, but this team looks completely different.  I know that winning will do that, but the attitude seems to have swung 180 degrees.  Benintendi alone is a new guy.

I obviously don't expect this team to sweep series after series, but starting to win up to 50% of their games going forward seems possible.  I've thought for a while that this team is not as bad as they've played.  On paper they are a bad team but not a historically bad team.

I have literally watched no more than an inning or two of just some of the games up until this weekend.  I had been watching Saturday's game a bit and turned it back on just in time to see the walk-off.  I watched the entire game yesterday, and that is the first game this season I watched all the way through.  These guys pulled me back in...for now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tray said:

It takes time to bring an aircraft carrier about. Many hopeful signs since Eloy came back and started raking. Bennintendi and Sheets starting to hit and we are starting to get some nice starting and relief pitching.  We had a lot of 1-2 run losses due in part to bad luck so hopefully the WSox will start getting some breaks.

Yeah. I really don’t think they were as bad as they played the first three weeks. Still bad, but not THAT bad. 

• Like 1

Even the worst teams get hot, have some lucky wins, etc. That's what the Sox weren't having at all in the first 25 games. They played as badly as possible and managed to win even less than their piss-poor performance deserved. I don't expect any fundamental change going forward but hopefully it's a sign that Hawk's old adage that every team will win 50 and lose 50 will hold true for the Sox.

I like what Getz is doing.  I know we all wanted Nick and Cannon to hang around but i like leaving them in the minors while the White Sox figure it out.  If Keller and Clevenger can eat innings with Fedde and Flexen I like it.

Brining guys along at a snail's pace seems to be a better approach than rushing guys.  

Getz seems much better at finding guys that are serviceable. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jake said:

Even the worst teams get hot, have some lucky wins, etc. That's what the Sox weren't having at all in the first 25 games. They played as badly as possible and managed to win even less than their piss-poor performance deserved. I don't expect any fundamental change going forward but hopefully it's a sign that Hawk's old adage that every team will win 50 and lose 50 will hold true for the Sox.

They'll win 50 and lose 50. What will they do with the other 62? Lost most of them.