2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 11:58 AM)
or that they've hit the wall with their amazing pitching tiring out now (most innings ever for Wacha and Martinez) and their offense unable to make up for the fact they're without 4 starters right now

Or that your irrational cub hateship loveship keeps rolling on

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
The Cardinals have lost 7 of 9. I guess that clearly invalidates 5 months of a .650 winning percentage. They're totally losing that division. They should have sold at the trade deadline. Like how when the White Sox won 7 straight it propelled them to the best record in baseball and clearly established they were the best team. That winning streak still hasn't ended.

Yep. The Cubs are hot at the wrong time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
Boom Asche

Thankfully. That was painful to see the Philly pen almost blow an easy win. Nice to see the Cubs pen get smacked around a little bit. Too bad that punk Strop didn't get hit by a liner. At the same time it's terrible to see St. Louis lose like that. I'm just hoping they have an early exit in the playoffs and they don't win a WS.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 08:04 AM)
Second wc and the one game play in gives incentive to win the division over one of the wc slots anyway.

That is why I really like it, it gives huge advantages for winning the division, and keeps several teams in the playoff race until the end. IMO, it blows the old way out of the water.

What it come sdown to is the Pirates will have to beat Arrietta to continue their season. The Cubs will have to beat Cole, and they won't be line-ed up for the next series.

Back when they had the one WC there were several times teams would have rather won the WC than their division based on match-ups. That is not the case anymore.

The ome thing I am not understanding is the media in Chicago. For a team that is currently a second WC, if you just listened to the media, the Cubs are easily the best team in baseball. Every time they beat a bad team is proof. When they lose to the Phillies, it is just a bump in the road.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
Cards lead down to 2 over Pitt. Cubs gave up 4 in the 7th and stormed back in the 8th. Dumb Phillies trying to tank.

Pittsburgh actually has a legit shot at this but they're going to have to win their remaining series against the Cards to really make it happen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
That is why I really like it, it gives huge advantages for winning the division, and keeps several teams in the playoff race until the end. IMO, it blows the old way out of the water.

What it come sdown to is the Pirates will have to beat Arrietta to continue their season. The Cubs will have to beat Cole, and they won't be line-ed up for the next series.

Back when they had the one WC there were several times teams would have rather won the WC than their division based on match-ups. That is not the case anymore.

The ome thing I am not understanding is the media in Chicago. For a team that is currently a second WC, if you just listened to the media, the Cubs are easily the best team in baseball. Every time they beat a bad team is proof. When they lose to the Phillies, it is just a bump in the road.

If makes the last month of baseball worth watching.

At least Cub fans have some hope and get to see some exciting baseball. The Sox always look lifeless in defeat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 02:41 AM)
Do we have to worry about the Cubs reaching the WS?? Will Pitt take care of Chicago in the one-game playoff?

That one-game playoff game will be a toss up IMO. They're both pretty evenly matched teams, I can see either team winning. Even if the Cubs do reach the World Series this year, does it really matter? It has nothing to do with the White Sox. I don't see why some of you hate the Cubs on here, then again I don't really know any obnoxious Cub fans so maybe that has something to do with it lol. I have a lot of family who are Cubs fans and I hope they go far this year. They have an awesome team.

Do we have to worry about the Cubs reaching the WS?? Will Pitt take care of Chicago in the one-game playoff?

No. The Cubs reaching the World Series should cause you no harm.

Edited by AustinIllini

No we don't have to worry about anything. Not sure why that would bother someone. There are 10 teams making the playoffs. Any of them could win the World Series because it's a crapshoot once you get there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 03:41 AM)

You shouldn't worry for the reasons others have said. That will, however, be one very intriguing one game matchup, with Cole and Arietta on the mound it could be a gem of a pitching matchup.