Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 07:38 AM)
Internet tough guy (apparently he read something here and wants to punch me in the face, I'm pretty sure he would whiff) might either be buying a comb, or perhaps starts gum chewing lessons today.

His source is drying up, and his 15 minutes of fame are coming to an end.

http://wgntv.com/2016/06/20/dave-williams-...on-sports-feed/

I love how he says Puig ( Pooo - Ig )

[ dude is insufferable on that show ]

My philosophy on this is that you cannot trade a TOR guy without acquiring a talented pitching prospect back. ESPECIALLY a lefty. That's why Sale doesn't get done without Kopech, regardless of Moncada. . You don't trade pitching straight for hitting, you trade it for both, even though you sacrifice a higher ceiling positional prospect. Position players are different, you can trade them for high ceiling pitching prospects and a mid tier positional prospect. The Sox know what they are doing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 07:56 AM)
He called the exact Shields deal a week before finalized

As someone that is friends with Dave, he actually had the exact package right around 2-3 weeks before the trade actually happened.

These dudes in here trashing him have likely never had any national attention or been on TV, yet they have the gall to discredit Dave. Usually seems to always be the case but still irritating.

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
My philosophy on this is that you cannot trade a TOR guy without acquiring a talented pitching prospect back. ESPECIALLY a lefty. That's why Sale doesn't get done without Kopech, regardless of Moncada. . You don't trade pitching straight for hitting, you trade it for both, even though you sacrifice a higher ceiling positional prospect. Position players are different, you can trade them for high ceiling pitching prospects and a mid tier positional prospect. The Sox know what they are doing.

What if we got multiple ones in a deal for a position player (as we did)?

Rutherford and Andujar are probably in on this deal because they are the only 2 Yankees prospects in that list. Glasnow is obviously in as the headliner. Probably Diaz and 1 of Keller or Newman?

I'm guessing it's gonna be Glasnow/Rutherford/Andujar/Keller OR Newman/Diaz

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
Shields was a typical Sox move that a blind man from another dimension could have predicted. Anderson's call up was easy to predict because everyone knew the Sox signed Rollins to work with Tim on his defense as well as to hold SS so the Sox could wait on the callup to be the exgra year of control. Your examples further back up what I'm saying.

Also not going to take trade rumors serious from a guy that loves to post the most random and meaninglsss nonsense. Pizza plug from his favorite spot down the street, how drunk he got last night or about the size of the dump he took this morning. Yep, he's a good source alright.

He provided info on those moves way before anyone else even had an idea. No matter who your source is you're going to be wrong at times and that's why you should never completely take this stuff as gospel but Dave clearly has a source, that's not even debatable.

Okay, you have to include Glasnow, so pick the other 3:

Mitch Keller, Blake Rutherford, Kevin Newman, Miguel Andujar & Elias Diaz.

That's the easy version.

Alternative Version:

Pick 1: Keller, Rutherford, Newman

Rest is Glasnow, Andjuhar, Diaz

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

#WhiteSox are in trade talks on a "complex" deal they want to get done by Christmas. Nothing finalized but names & scope of deal are fluid.

7:45 AM - 23 Dec 2016

Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

3 way trade would entail Quintana to #Pirates, McCucthen to #Yankees and a package of prospects that's headlined by Glasnow to #WhiteSox.

Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

Outside of Glasnow, #WhiteSox would receive some combo of Mitch Keller, Blake Rutherford, Kevin Newman, Miguel Andujar & Elias Diaz.

7:46 AM - 23 Dec 2016

some raBBit bombs

link

If we are only moving Q, I think I am OK with that as long as the combo of players is the top of that list, and not the bottom.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

#WhiteSox are in trade talks on a "complex" deal they want to get done by Christmas. Nothing finalized but names & scope of deal are fluid.

7:45 AM - 23 Dec 2016

Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

3 way trade would entail Quintana to #Pirates, McCucthen to #Yankees and a package of prospects that's headlined by Glasnow to #WhiteSox.

Brian Bilek

‏@BrianBilek_

Outside of Glasnow, #WhiteSox would receive some combo of Mitch Keller, Blake Rutherford, Kevin Newman, Miguel Andujar & Elias Diaz.

7:46 AM - 23 Dec 2016

some raBBit bombs

link

This is how it's down! Thanks for posting this and thanks to raBBt for sharing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:57 AM)
If Pirates are getting rid of Cutch, I can't see them giving up much more than Glasnow

Nope, it seems like it would have to be just Glasnow. Yankees should have to give up a little more.

Something like Glasnow from Pirates, Rutherford, Judge, and Andujar from the Yankees.

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)

Bah, we just did a trade where we sent away a position player and brought back 3 pitchers. That would be your offsetting move.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
Nope, it seems like it would have to be just Glasnow. Yankees should have to give up a little more.

Something like Glasnow from Pirates, Rutherford, Judge, and Andujar from the Yankees.

Wonder if Robertson could be sent to Yankees here. Those three are a lot for Yanks to give up for cutch

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
Okay, you have to include Glasnow, so pick the other 3:

Mitch Keller, Blake Rutherford, Kevin Newman, Miguel Andujar & Elias Diaz.

That's the easy version.

Alternative Version:

Pick 1: Keller, Rutherford, Newman

Rest is Glasnow, Andjuhar, Diaz

Not sure about this, since Pirates would have to get more than just Quintana. That would mean either Rutherford or Andujar going to Pittsburgh, would it not?

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
As someone that is friends with Dave, he actually had the exact package right around 2-3 weeks before the trade actually happened.

These dudes in here trashing him have likely never had any national attention or been on TV, yet they have the gall to discredit Dave. Usually seems to always be the case but still irritating.

He nailed the Lawrie non tender. Oh wait.

Didn't he say Sale didn't cut up any jerseys?

He definitely had a source and broke something. There is no doubt, but he has taken that and his new found "insider" status and played games with it. Why does Lawrie's twitter and instagram have to be littered with people asking him about a non tender just because this guy wants to feel like an insider when he has no info.

IMO, if you want to be an insider, you have to behave responsibly. Just making s*** up or guessing because you know people will believe you and want info is not the way real insiders work.

Here's my thought- You're getting Glasnow for sure in this deal. So, take one more from the Pirates & 2 from the Yankees.

1. Glasnow

2. Rutherford (He's a must)

3. Newman (He may be a SS with little power but his hitting is something that always has value)

4. Andjuhar (Get your 3B of the future).

Only other thing I would think about changing is Keller over Newman, because Keller has really good stuff as well.

Either way, need two good bats. I think Rutherford & Andjuhar are those 2.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
Which deal would you guys prefer?

1) Glasnow, Bell, & Newman

2) Martes, Tucker, Reed, & Stubbs

I would definitely take #1, but would be open to #2 as I'm higher on Tucker than most here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 23, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
Bah, we just did a trade where we sent away a position player and brought back 3 pitchers. That would be your offsetting move.

Because pitching is more valuable than positional players in the market. IMO