Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean he works at his bosses' pleasure.  He hsould just quit if he had some pride.

I guess man but unless he has another job lined up it's pretty hard to just walk away from a 7 figure position even if you did just get your balls chopped off.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Like what?

Well - for one he used experiments around moving the pitcher out of the 9 hole - because he didn't think the data would make sense that you want your worst hitter being transitioned to the best part of your lineup, that your run production might be better off with the pitcher hitting 8 so that you had a more likely transition to your best batters.  I don't know whether it was right or not - but that wasn't just a pure gut decision. 

3 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I guess man but unless he has another job lined up it's pretty hard to just walk away from a 7 figure position even if you did just get your balls chopped off.

Phillies and Angels are available right now, right? Not seeing that they've hired anyone.

Any other teams I'm missing?

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Phillies and Angels are available right now, right? Not seeing that they've hired anyone.

Any other teams I'm missing?

Ya, it's just those 2.  Not saying, he can't go anywhere else, just saying it'd be a little tougher to just walk away if he at least doesn't have an interview lined up.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic