6/22: Chicago White Sox @ Pittsburgh 6:05 PM CDT

43 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The man absolutely hates Yasmani Grandal and cannot be reasoned with.  Don't bother.  

This is absurd. I think the contract was an overpay but have no personal animosity.

Apparently Hahn, Tony, Katz, Rodon and Giolito also hate Grandal because they go with Collins over Grandal.  Tony and Hahn twists the hatred knife further by refusing to bat him in the top 5 of the order despite his “elite” ability to walk in front of Leury, and despite the fact Eloy and Luis are out.

People opposing the well thought-out White Sox lineup and battery matchups  are throwing around “hate”, calling Rodon and Lucas pussys. Sad that they can’t see what the entire White Sox organization sees that a pitchers performance trumps one hitter’s platoon advantage in a lineup.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

What do injuries have to do with TLR's choice of when to play each catcher?

This is true. Unless the Sox are playing in an NL park like they are tonight.

You still need a 1B even in an NL park, and I trust Grandal's bat far more than Abreu's right now.

Len said Adam Engel was penciled in to bat cleanup tonight, until he was placed on the DL. Wonder where Yoan and Jose were (both moved up to 2/3, or were Yoan and Jose separated. Jose moved lower than 4th.

Len is announcing the pitcher glove, hat, body umpire checks.

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

Just saw Rick Hahn getting food at concessions....had a nice convo

Why wouldn’t the GM get to sit in a skybox?

I know when the Diamondbacks played at PNC a few years ago, their GM got sit in the skybox. And when he overheard the Pirates PBP’s slander about his managerial career, he walked over to the booth like a bad ass! 

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The spin rate on Gio's fastball, slider, and curve (?) are down significantly right now.

gio.png

Hahn desperately needs to add more offense to this team. Pitching won’t carry them in the second half.