White Sox at Blue Jays Gamethread, Lynn vs. Manoah, 6:07pm CDT

Greg Hibbard

Just now, hankchifan said:

Seby’s D is getting progressively worse.  He has been a passed ball machine.  No way he can catch theKimbrel breaking pitches.  Although the 0-2 pitch byKimbrel was terrible, particularly with Seby catching.  Wish we had McCann still in the team.

I beat that drum all last season, but seeing what he has done this season.......Sox made the right call. 

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Looking like a pretty bad trade.  I honestly liked it, but I’m not very happy with the results so far.

Problem is his value was always going to be tied to like 20 outings, and he's been shit in 30% of them already so it's a shit trade. Least surprising thing I've ever seen.

investing huge in some high priced relievers... who knew that was a shit strategy?

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Aside from Kimbrel’s wild pitch the biggest mistake of this game was pitching to Vladdy 3-0. The manager needs to be aware of the situation and make the call. Should have also been obvious to the pitching coach and catcher, but just awful decision overall that starts at the top. 

Hawk ragged on Jerry Manuel for 10 years when he told a pitcher not to give Jim Thome anything to hit instead of just putting him on. Thome homered and won the game.

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Name a Hahn trade where he went to acquire talent turned out good? The Sale and Quintana trades don’t count. 

Name a trade that he tried to acquire talent, but your not allowed to name one that was good lol.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

That's weak, even for you. Get out of here with that garbage. You loved the Sox acquiring Kimbrel, especially what they gave up. 

I know you're you, but it takes some real balls to call a deadline move "awful" three weeks after you loved it. 

Ask anyone on here, I wanted him to be closer. Hell, I know he expected it also.  Hendriks always made more sense as a set-up man.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Problem is his value was always going to be tied to like 20 outings, and he's been shit in 30% of them already so it's a shit trade. Least surprising thing I've ever seen.

investing huge in some high priced relievers... who knew that was a shit strategy?

It's shocking how little you understand about the game, and how biased you are in a desperate need to be proven right. 

• Haha 1

My name is Kimbrel and my manager hurt my feeling because he took me out the last time I pitched, even though I couldn't find the strike zone. 

I am so sick and tired of Kimbrel. The real Kimbrel wasn't the one who was pitching for the Cubs earlier this year, it's the one who has got blasted for the last two years before this one, the guy the Cardinals embarrassed in the season ending series. He is the worst. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Ask anyone on here, I wanted him to be closer. Hell, I know he expected it also.  Hendriks always made more sense as a set-up man.

So by that logic, if Kimbrel becomes the closer tomorrow...you're back to loving it? 

Just now, pcq said:

Minor league baseball. 

The Kimbrel refugee from Clark and Addison has been an abject failure as a set-up man.

If the Reinsdorf cabal doesn't succeed in causing a 2022 work stoppage, this experiment is coming to an end as soon as CWS are excused from the post-season (if they get there). 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic