TLR 2022 Thread

chitownsportsfan

Just now, wegner said:

4.  Tony found human fecal matter on his side of the bed....he took that as some sort of warning from Garcia and now he does whatever Leury wants.

I don't even think Leury thinks he should be hitting 3rd. If anything this just puts more pressure on him to get out of his slump. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I don't even think Leury thinks he should be hitting 3rd. If anything this just puts more pressure on him to get out of his slump. 

So you're saying he actually took a dump near TLR's bed to get OUT of the 3 hole

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I hate to post the obvious but this thread would be full of praise for Tony if McGuire or Burger had gotten a hit

No sir, that would be the team succeeding despite the manager.

Edited by pettie4sox

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Maybe if we crowd sourced it

“EVENDALE, Ohio — As the Major League Baseball season starts, drivers on I-75 might notice a bright white billboard with a clear message to Cincinnati Reds owner Bob Castellini: #SellTheTeamBob.

Chad Dotson, host of The Riverfront Podcast, said the idea for the billboard started as a joke last summer.

"Some time during the summer, someone said we ought to put up a billboard," Dotson said. "If Bob Castellini and the ownership group doesn’t try to improve the team, he should sell the team."

Dotson said he grew upset, like many fans, when the Reds dismantled their roster following a playoff season in 2020 and a decent run in 2021. Sonny Gray, Jesse Winker, Eugenio Suarez and more were shipped off this offseason for prospects.

“The frustration kind of boiled over a bit. We said you know what? Let’s throw a GoFundMe up there," Dotson said. "We designed a t-shirt, put it out there, did a GoFundMe. We said every dime of this we’ll put it into a billboard.”

The group needed more than $4,000 to run the ad for one month. Dotson said 200 Reds fans mostly donated anywhere between $5-25 for the billboard.”

“I want to divide the team from the ownership. This is a group of 200 hardcore fans of the Reds. They don’t hate the Reds. They’re mad at ownership. They love the team," Dotson said. "They’re going to watch the game tonight, opening night game, cheering for the Reds."

The billboard is not the first time Reds fans have expressed their frustration. #SellTheTeamBob was trending for about a day after the Reds' fire sale. After the moves, team president Phil Castellini called for fans to trust the front office and come to games this season.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball/reds/billboard-calls-for-cincinnati-reds-owner-to-selltheteam-as-mlb-season-starts

https://www.citybeat.com/news/angry-fans-erect-billboard-urging-bob-castellini-to-sell-the-cincinnati-reds-12947446

Here’s what the billboard actually looks like.

#SellTheTeamJerry 

#FireTony

#ItsNot1986AnymoreJR

Just google “Sell The Team Bob” and let the fun and frivolity begin…for now, guess the A’s players are too stubborn not to keep fighting the good underdog fight despite fans and ownership leaving the team dead and buried.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I hate to post the obvious but this thread would be full of praise for Tony if McGuire or Burger had gotten a hit

Actually, no, no it wouldn’t.  Winning despite him is the common refrain.  We would be praising McGuire or Burger for coming through, not the fermented fossil of TLR for pulling the right strings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Actually, no, no it wouldn’t.  Winning despite him is the common refrain.  We would be praising McGuire or Burger for coming through, not the fermented fossil of TLR for pulling the right strings. 

Because the next 6 times he tried the same thing it wouldn’t work. It’s the praise for Leury’s bloop first inning single yesterday before the 3 bad looking strikeouts.

12 hours ago, chw42 said:

It makes me think there's definitely a war within the org about Leury and his spot in the lineup. Steve is definitely plugged in. 

I believe it goes well beyond Leury, though he may be the most glaring issue.  Vaughn's usage, or lack thereof, is certainly pissing Hahn off.

I'll say this, if you were to ask me what a team that just had a blowup in the clubhouse before a game would look like on the field, it was most definitely that game 1 in Cleveland.  I was literally watching that game and wondering to myself which player got caught fucking which other player's wife?  It was THAT pronounced, imo.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I believe it goes well beyond Leury, though he may be the most glaring issue.  Vaughn's usage, or lack thereof, is certainly pissing Hahn off.

I'll say this, if you were to ask me what a team that just had a blowup in the clubhouse before a game would look like on the field, it was most definitely that game 1 in Cleveland.  I was literally watching that game and wondering to myself which player got caught fucking which other player's wife?  It was THAT pronounced, imo.  

And Josh Nelson at SoxMachine is the one that heard that first, Harold, or just putting together clues like a Reddit online detective?

5 hours ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

What did I miss?

19 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

What did I miss?

The 5 errors (coulda been 6) and 10 runs given up and shortstop flicking off the fans in 2 innings.

I woulda gone with the entire roster being badly hungover, but whatever. Totally out of character for those players, and it has now dragged on all week.

VV is a curious choice to get the beat of the team from. He obviously was a waste of $3 million. He is no better than anyone they could call up from AAA. His starts are basically surrenders unless the offense scores a crazy amount of runs. I have heard both TV and radio mention the short spring training hampered any changes they wanted to make with him, although they signed him knowing spring training would be short. If the Sox fail this year, and really it's only been a bad week, the failure occurred during the winter when for whatever reason,  JR not wanting to spend more, RH and KW thinking all the heavy lifting was done, or crazily thinking La Russa was worth a ton of wins. We have known for Yeats some of these guys get hurt all the time. You were short a starter with Lynn and is bad knee healthy. That did not work. VV being successful was a pipedream. Tony winning you more games with his decisions tan costing you games was very debatable last year. To think that would improve is nuts.

I still think this is a good team and will have a good season. But playing like the Twins did last season is a possibility. Nothing other than the speed in which it happened should surprise anyone. Eloy, Mocada, Robert, Pollack hurt. Lynn with a bad knee. VV a gas can. Those were all easy bets.

Edited by Dick Allen