Crosstown Series Game One--6:40 CT

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

My appreciation for Abreu multiplies every passing day.   An amputation would be the only way to keep him from playing. 

I truly wish he'd take these guys to the side and chew them all out for being soft ass hacks. 

Or some of those same players can go up to their manager and tell them not to take them out like Abreu likely does.

• Like 2

Just now, ptatc said:

Obviously,  you don't live in the real world. An injury doesn't heal 100% for 10-12 months. After 6-8 weeks it's usually about 80-85% healed and they can play and do it effectively but it is not 100%

The build up is for the offseason and during the season it's maintenance work. This is all a set back with injuries. It's not a linear progression.

Please. The minor groin strain isn't going to heal for 12 months? Stop it. Load management doesn't work in baseball. Baseball isn't physically demanding enough to demand rest - actually to the contrary, it needs time to build endurance and consistent play.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Or some of those same players can go up to their manager and tell them not to take them out like Abreu likely does.

That's exactly what I said. 

These guys have ZERO fight to get their asses back into the lineup.  None.    Robert's body language out there anytime he moves looks like he's hurt and crying to come off the field.  

• Haha 2

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

That's exactly what I said. 

These guys have ZERO fight to get their asses back into the lineup.  None.    Robert's body language out there anytime he moves looks like he's hurt and crying to come off the field.  

It's the players fault that the manager doesn't put him in the lineup now? My goodness.

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Robert was finally finding his swing and getting in a grove, and now he sits on the bench. It's just bad managing. I said it to you before PTATC, baseball is not some physcally strenuous activity that requires constantly rest to maintain health. In fact, I'd argue it's the opposite; additionally, haven't you argued of late it's the "mental" side you need a break from? I'd also argue that's absurd as you need to learn to push through mental blocks to be a great baseball player. You and I have very different philosophical opinions on the game. Additionally, trainers and etc I have had in my life to train me for higher levels of baseball also disagree with the premise of constant rest. 

I don't disagree with the performance however woth a guy as injury prone as him, I don't blame them for being cautious and giving him breaks.

He obviously needs a change in off season training but there is nothing they can do about that now. 

Just now, ptatc said:

He obviously needs a change in off season training but there is nothing they can do about that now. 

They can't change his off season training during the season?

That's why we have you here as an expert.

16 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Robert was finally finding his swing and getting in a grove, and now he sits on the bench. It's just bad managing. I said it to you before PTATC, baseball is not some physcally strenuous activity that requires constantly rest to maintain health. In fact, I'd argue it's the opposite; additionally, haven't you argued of late it's the "mental" side you need a break from? I'd also argue that's absurd as you need to learn to push through mental blocks to be a great baseball player. You and I have very different philosophical opinions on the game. Additionally, trainers and etc I have had in my life to train me for higher levels of baseball also disagree with the premise of constant rest. 

There's a difference between being hurt and just sore. If these guys are this sore and tired already something is wrong with the training staff. Robert is the peak of his athletic prime he's a fucking specimen if that guy can't play 150 games a year and still be fresh something is wrong with the training.

16 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's the players fault that the manager doesn't put him in the lineup now? My goodness.

Exactly how many tables has Robert flipped over in the clubhouse to prove he has #TWTW? 

He needs to look himself in the mirror.

And then throw a chair through it.

Wonders if the people who sh*t on Sheets are the same gang who cried for Conforto all winter in their longjohns. Sheets is just getting started. There will be plenty of time to DH for the Red Wings or Mud Hens if it doesn't work out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

Wonders if the people who sh*t on Sheets are the same gang who cried for Conforto all winter in their longjohns. Sheets is just getting started. There will be plenty of time to DH for the Red Wings or Mud Hens if it doesn't work out. 

I think most people's beef with Sheets is that he's apparently the starting RF.

18 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Exactly how many tables has Robert flipped over in the clubhouse to prove he has #TWTW? 

Right now I would bank on Vaughn's career a little more than LuBob or Eloy. Of course Robert is the elite talent. 🙄 

32 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There's a difference between being hurt and just sore. If these guys are this sore and tired already something is wrong with the training staff. Robert is the peak of his athletic prime he's a fucking specimen if that guy can't play 150 games a year and still be fresh something is wrong with the training.

This is how I feel about it pretty much.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Please. The minor groin strain isn't going to heal for 12 months? Stop it. Load management doesn't work in baseball. Baseball isn't physically demanding enough to demand rest - actually to the contrary, it needs time to build endurance and consistent play.

Go check physiology.  Tissues don't heal fully 100% for nearly 10-12 months. It heals well enough for activity in 6-8 weeks but again it's about 85% or so. 

Muscles are muscles, ligaments a re ligaments. If they are sprinting 100% it doesn't matter if it's to first base, after a fly ball, scoring a goal or catching a pass.

Baseball isn't a rough sport but the act act of going from standing still to full speed as in hitting or defense is a stressful act.

It's not load management when it's recovering from injury, it's common sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think it's obvious from the number of soft tissue injuries that there is something wrong with his off season training.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jerry McNertney said:

As presently constituted, the Cubs are fielding a better lineup than the White Sox. It should be a tough two game series for the Sox. Hopefully, the Sox will be able to win one of the two games.

This is sarcasm, right?

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The good old "sitting guys" to keep them fresh strategy. It's really worked wonders for the White Sox.

Down 4.5 games and dealing with multiple injuries, yet feels compelled to rest one of our best hitters in early May when we finally have a chance to build some momentum.  Just zero sense of urgency with this clown and further proof he’s no longer capable of being a quality major league manager.

54 minutes ago, Snopek said:

The flying shards would likely cut the pitching hands of Giolito Cease and Kopech.

I do remember a player missing significant time due to a broken mirror...not sure if self induced or accidental.