GT 5/15: Yankees @ SOX,1:10 pm CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I'm with you. These guys are pros. Do we all honestly think Menechino really tells these guys to hit the ball on the ground? They stink

Player development and coaching is a huge part of the game. Players regularly join certain organizations (Dodgers, Yankees, Rays, Giants) and get better. I think there are a lot of players on the hitting side who are clearly not the most optimized versions of themselves.

I know pitching vs hitting is different, but compare the difference of Lucas, Rodon, and Cease before and after working with Katz. Having quality coaching is a big, big deal.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Player development and coaching is a huge part of the game. Players regularly join certain organizations (Dodgers, Yankees, Rays, Giants) and get better. I think there are a lot of players on the hitting side who are clearly not the most optimized versions of themselves.

I know pitching vs hitting is different, but compare the difference of Lucas, Rodon, and Cease before and after working with Katz. Having quality coaching is a big, big deal.

1000% agree. Good post

11 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

The players that offer nothing offensively have to have a gimmick to keep them in the clubhouse’s good grace. 

Must be a lot of gimmicks in the Sox clubhouse then.

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

We need a development/coaching program for GM's.

• Haha 1

Just checked game.  Holy cow this offense is broken.

Frank "fuck the home run" Menachino needs to go.

Maybe it was too hot for the offense.

Has this team scored 4 runs in an inning this year?  They can barely do it in a game.

Edited by Harry Chappas
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Just checked game.  Holy cow this offense is broken.

Frank "fuck the home run" Menachino needs to go.

Maybe it was too hot for the offense.

Has this team scored 4 runs in an inning this year?  They can barely do it in a game.

As Engel blasts one haha

Edited by ScooterMcGuire