Moncada + Grandal

WBWSF

48 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Moncada looks as disinterested in playing as anyone I have ever seen. 

The entire fucking team does. When your manager has the energy of a corpse, what do people expect? They need an injection of energy and excitement in the dugout. TLR was one of the worst fits I've ever seen hired in any sport.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

35 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

The entire fucking team does. When your manager has the energy of a corpse, what do people expect? They need an injection of energy and excitement in the dugout. TLR was one of the worst fits I've ever seen hired in any sport.

Truer words have never been spoken

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I just heard the dope on the post game show say Grandal is one of the best defensive catchers in baseball.  Are there really people out there that actually believe that??

If and when his legs and lower half are in shape he's nearly a plus catcher. Right now, he's no where near in condition to be ranked one of the best catchers in MLB - either at or behind the plate.

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I expect professionals to do their jobs and quit making excuses. If they need a "win one for the Gipper," speech they should go back to college. I don't think Liam gets his energy from Tony. Moncada should pull on his big boy pants and fucking play like his contract. 

I agree that TLR has been a problem and needs to go. With that said, to blame Moncada’s and Grandal’s horrific nonproduction on the manager is ridiculous. It’s hard to exaggerate how bad they both look at the plate. That is completely on those two players. Someone said it on here, don’t remember who, Moncada can’t get his at bats over fast enough for him. He goes up just taking a few cuts so he can get back to the dugout. He’s so obviously not even trying. How can coaches and management stand to watch that and not say or do anything?

30 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I agree that TLR has been a problem and needs to go. With that said, to blame Moncada’s and Grandal’s horrific nonproduction on the manager is ridiculous. It’s hard to exaggerate how bad they both look at the plate. That is completely on those two players. Someone said it on here, don’t remember who, Moncada can’t get his at bats over fast enough for him. He goes up just taking a few cuts so he can get back to the dugout. He’s so obviously not even trying. How can coaches and management stand to watch that and not say or do anything?

Maybe the manager should try coaching him a bit then?

• Like 1

I didn't realize Moncada was 10 for 73 this season. That's hard to do. One double and two bases on balls all season so far. Geez he stinks.

I'd put Burger at third and see if any team wants to take Moncada off the Sox hands. At 27 he appears to be a bust for whatever reason. Sad but I'd go with Burger at third and bring Crede in to teach him the tricks of playing 3B well. Or I'd move Moncada to second now. Who cares if he minds? 2Bmen are a dime a dozen and even if he hits .200 that's as good as Harrison.

Sox are a mess but nice win today.

10 hits in 74 at bats is not a slump. More telling is that he only has two walks, again, two walks! He’s not looking at pitches; he’s not battling through at bats, he’s not trying to make pitchers work, he’s just hacking away. 

That’s not a slump; that’s “I don’t give a shit.”

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Everybody is like "Trade Moncada!" without telling us who is taking that contract. 

Even if it was movable, you aren't getting anything for him. The Sox no choice but to hope he gets it together. But that doesn't mean they cant move him over to 2B.

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Everybody is like "Trade Moncada!" without telling us who is taking that contract. 

Not that i would trade moncada but there are probably teams like the Giants who would be able to get him back to 2019 form. If they are confident then the contract doesnt matter.

15 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I just heard the dope on the post game show say Grandal is one of the best defensive catchers in baseball.  Are there really people out there that actually believe that??

Haha which dope?  I don’t watch the post game but it’s obviously he doesn’t watch Grandal behind the plate either 😳😳

28 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Haha which dope?  I don’t watch the post game but it’s obviously he doesn’t watch Grandal behind the plate either 😳😳

It was the guy on the radio.  I don't watch or listen to that stuff either but I was in the garage and too lazy to get up and turn it off. 

A blog told them what they wanted to hear and now they're clinging to it like grim death despite years of evidence that the blog is full of shit. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox did more than fine on the Sale trade. 

We have only two players left from the trade and if Moncada gets his act together and Kopech continues to get better, then yes it was a good trade. However my point was at the time Sale was arguably one of the best pitchers in baseball. Without a doubt, based on his locked friendly contract a huge valuable asset to trade and we should have gotten more. Hahn should have demanded Devers or threatened he would find someone else. There were plenty of teams who would have given up a lot talent for Sale at that time. It's called negotiating more aggressively and displaying some cojones! 

The bottom line is if Moncada continues to struggle and maybe never is good again...then we did not win the trade and get enough. If you don't agree with me, that's fine...We'll agree to disagree!

21 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

We have only two players left from the trade and if Moncada gets his act together and Kopech continues to get better, then yes it was a good trade. However my point was at the time Sale was arguably one of the best pitchers in baseball. Without a doubt, based on his locked friendly contract a huge valuable asset to trade and we should have gotten more. Hahn should have demanded Devers or threatened he would find someone else. There were plenty of teams who would have given up a lot talent for Sale at that time. It's called negotiating more aggressively and displaying some cojones! 

The bottom line is if Moncada continues to struggle and maybe never is good again...then we did not win the trade and get enough. If you don't agree with me, that's fine...We'll agree to disagree!

The trade was a wash based on talent.

Then you get the mental makeup of the players and that is where you see that Boston had the upper hand in the deal on what they knew.