June 23rd Game Thread: White Sox @ Red Sox 12:35pm CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
If Sox win while Shields throws a QS, you all owe me lunch.

Let's sweep these guys!

It's like you are giving your streak away on a platter. :lol:

Here's hoping though..

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:34 AM)
At least you'll know if the game's over within the first 2 innings.

But that one game against the Tigers where we started out down 7-0, we rallied back somehow to win.

Pushing our luck to expect a 4 game sweep in Boston with this pitching match-up. Las Vegas was probably afraid to issue odds.

Television stations today:

June 23, 2016

Chicago White Sox at Boston Red Sox

Stadium: Fenway Park

Announcers: Ken Harrelson and Steve Stone

Ford White Sox Warm-Up: 12:00 Noon Central Daylight Time / 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time *

Game telecast time: 12:30 PM Central Daylight Time / 1:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time *

7 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WGN-TV, Channel 9 (The CW)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
Matt Purke and Chris Beck should be well rested for today's game. :D

Crazy, but Matt Purke has not appeared in a game the Sox have won.

8 appearances, 8 losses.

If Shields still has it then this is the game we see it. If not Beck makes his season debut and has to such up innings. Purke too I suppose. I want to be positive about Shields and think because he is a great competitor he will have figured it out

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
If Shields still has it then this is the game we see it. If not Beck makes his season debut and has to such up innings. Purke too I suppose. I want to be positive about Shields and think because he is a great competitor he will have figured it out

Everything is lined up against him here. Awful for 4 starts, usually awful at Fenway. Maybe things are so lined up to go wrong, it will be the opposite.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
Everything is lined up against him here. Awful for 4 starts, usually awful at Fenway. Maybe things are so lined up to go wrong, it will be the opposite.

That's what I like about you Dick, you dream big!

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 10:05 AM)
So how do we feel about this team if Shield pitches well (2-3 ER in 6IP) and we sweep the Bo-Sox?

Still pretty lukewarm. Would obviously be nice to get above 500 again, but this team is going nowhere if it cant find a way to play better against the Tribe, KC, and Detroit.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
What do you do if you're Ventura IF Shields gets shelled in the 1st again? Do you go get him before it gets out of hand, or do you throw away the game, and save the Pen?

Personally, I'm leaving him in there to get it figured out. If you're going to lose, might as well try to get some innings out of him.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
Personally, I'm leaving him in there to get it figured out. If you're going to lose, might as well try to get some innings out of him.

This. You try and give him time to work his mechanics out. Taking him out doesn't allow him to do that in a game situation.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
What do you do if you're Ventura IF Shields gets shelled in the 1st again? Do you go get him before it gets out of hand, or do you throw away the game, and save the Pen?

Leave him in up to a point. It's not like Purke and Beck have a good shot at shutting them down for 7 or 8 innings. If it got way out of hand like 10 runs or something, you have to pull him.

Edited by Dick Allen