Dave Kaplan reports Kenny Williams holding back Rick Hahn

Donaldo

Kenny Williams is involved in day to day operations and has from day 1 since Hahn got job. No move is made without his blessing and he absolutely sucks at his job. Sure JR we will judge this winter because front office has such a great track record last 10 years.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 16, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)
And all of us sox fans need to thank jerry for keeping kenny around when he should of been let go to Toronto. Jerry and kenny have really messed up this organization for the last 16 years. According to to baseball america the sox had the #1 farm system in baseball in 2001. Since then kenny has dragged it down the the middle of the pack then to one of the bottom in his time frame of being gm. Kinda funny reading baseball America saying year after year of kenny trading away prospects for veteran players and jerry not spening more in drafts and international market. Luckily we got a world series out of it and one other playoff appearance in that time frame

Lettuce bee reality. Joe Borchard, Jon Rauch, and Joe Crede headlined our great 2001 farm for BA. I think it's safe to say the farm was a joke even then.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Aug 16, 2016 -> 07:20 PM)
Lettuce bee reality. Joe Borchard, Jon Rauch, and Joe Crede headlined our great 2001 farm for BA. I think it's safe to say the farm was a joke even then.

Yes but lets also think that crede and rowand who were in that farm group that helped win the world series. Miguel olivo was later traded for freddy Garcia was also part of that group. Before kenny the drafting was better. Once kenny took over gm he traded prospects to get veterans which ran the farm system into the ground. Lets also remember all those outfield prospects at one point that were supposed to be something that flamed out.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 16, 2016 -> 07:17 PM)
I had a great conversation w/Jerry Reinsdorf today. He said his front office is 100% in lockstep on what to do this offseason.

https://twitter.com/thekapman/status/765710836748918784

More Reinsdorf: "Our offseason plans will be clear by our actions. Rick and Kenny are on the same page."

https://twitter.com/thekapman/status/765711160746344448

Moe, Larry, and Curly - ON IT!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
I don't have much respect for Kaplan, but this should have never been a question. Kaplan is a million times better than Bernstein.

I think Kaplan is right here and the Sox are in disarray but in fairness to Bernstein his "Sox for sale" scoop does seem to have some legs. He's been a s*** source in the past but his latest appears solid.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 16, 2016 -> 07:17 PM)
I had a great conversation w/Jerry Reinsdorf today. He said his front office is 100% in lockstep on what to do this offseason.

More Reinsdorf: "Our offseason plans will be clear by our actions. Rick and Kenny are on the same page."

In other words, "we'll be half-assed going for it again in 2017!"

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 04:28 AM)

Mark

That's just absurd stuff from Jerry. The Sox are gonna try AGAIN to add some pieces. The Lawrie's, Fraziers, Melky's, Avilas, Navarros. Hope their new set of ballplayers is better than some of the current stiffs.

If the owner has to come out and say they're in sync then they're not. This organization is a f***ing mess and until JR steps up and gets rid of Kenny, I fear this losing will continue. Let Hahn do his thing and see what happens. I've always felt he's hamstrung by above. Pick a darn direction and all in with it.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2016/8/16/1250...urprise-rebuild

This would be perfect for JR to see...granted, it probably wouldn't change his "all in" nonsensical plan one bit.

But here it was the White Sox should have done, and we're going to be paying the price eventually for not doing so if any of our key assets like Sale/Q/Rodon go down to significant injuries.

Rebuilding teams, in general, got some surprisingly high marks in this poll (MLB Daily Dish Confidence Survey). The Brewers, Yankees, Phillies, and Braves all also finished with a composite score higher than 4.0. That said, the Reds, Twins, Rays, and Athletics finished near the bottom. And it’s amazing that the response from Padres fans has been this swift and this positive after falling on their faces so recently.

Maybe Padres fans are simply smart enough to see the direction the club is going and are eager to jump on the bandwagon now. Perhaps there’s an innate optimism that comes from living in such a beautiful climate and watching games in an amazing ballpark. Or maybe the Padres are simply better at communicating with their fans about their expectations and how those moves fit into the team’s rebuild. Whatever the reason, it will be interesting to see what happens when some of these prospects inevitably hit bumps in the road and don’t develop as expected. Will that optimism survive, or will those fans (and Preller’s bosses) be patient enough to let him see this through.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 16, 2016 -> 11:28 PM)

Mark

I look at it as JR suggesting, whether they rebuild, add-on, or do nothing it'll be according to plan. That way, there will be no talks of "being on the wrong page" or some power struggle within the organization. Expect no talks of being "mired in mediocrity" or anything suggesting their path, since setting expectations at the trade deadline is what aggravated so many after nothing happened

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 16, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)

To me, that's a pretty clear indication they plan on rebuilding to some extent. No way they could feel that confident in their ability to execute a "go for it" strategy at this point in time. Just last offseason, the front office publicly said they weren't sure which direction they were going to go until they were able to land Frazier. With this coming offseason's poor free agent class, the ability to fill holes will be even difficult. I really think Reinsdorf is going to let the rebuild finally happen

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)
The fact that JR went out of his way to debunk the rumor pretty much confirms it was true. They only go that public when they have to lie.

He's certainly not going to confirm there is a problem, but the other rumor was Hahn is leaving. JR's comments seem to indicate neither Hahn or KW are going anywhere.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)
It has for a while. KW is Krause. The guy that won that now has no clue. Hahn is Paxson, the guy everyone can't wait to really take over, until he actually takes over.

Ventura = Tim Floyd (possibly now also Fred Hoiberg), the guy with little managerial experience who the management decided they love?

As much as I hate Foreman and Paxson what they did this offseason actually made sense. I mean the best thing to do was a rebuild if you could. But Boston tried to win the trade in which they would get Butler and probably would send back not nearly enough.

Edited by Baron

As Steve wrote in his column today:

"The Choice (and remember, death is not an option): Making Kenny Williams and Rick Hahn manage the White Sox or making John Paxson and Gar Forman coach the Bulls?"

LOL...they do have a lot of dysfunctional similarities don't they?

Mark