David Robertson

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ May 7, 2017 -> 05:57 PM)
I thought this thread would be blowing up today with the Bruce Levine report that a trade is likely with Nationals? Thoughts?

I don't see anything written about it so if he said it on his show without writing about it not many people hear it and he most likely was repeating something he said before. If he had anything solid or new he would be writing about it.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 8, 2017 -> 08:59 AM)
Apparently the rumor is the Nationals are sending their top scout to the Sox-Twins series this weekend to evaluate Robertson. To me that's a big deal if true.

Get him in all 3 games.

Edit: if true.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 8, 2017 -> 09:04 AM)
It would be our luck if he pitched like crap in this series.

Does this scout only attend games when he's about to sign off/support a trade? Sounds like an odd linkage or grasping at something that may not be there (presently).

Robertson will probably be traded over the next 2 months, but it's more likely to be in July still.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2017 -> 08:41 AM)
Should we just re-name this the "Contender blew a save" thread? :lol:

Or the TRADE HIM NOW thread.

As if things were that simple to just immediately trade a player once they have a good outing or when a scenario presents itself due to an injury. Those are the only elements that go into making trades.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 11, 2017 -> 08:02 AM)
I'll have one Cody Sedlock please.

Mountcastle is tearing up A+ right now. I mean, I like Soto as a trade piece better than anything the Os could send over, but they can put a package together that would be value for Robertson. As always, the more teams who have a need, the better.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 11, 2017 -> 09:58 AM)
Mountcastle is tearing up A+ right now. I mean, I like Soto as a trade piece better than anything the Os could send over, but they can put a package together that would be value for Robertson. As always, the more teams who have a need, the better.

Mountcastle is a well below average fielder with a 40 grade arm. His bat has to play otherwise he's not much use as a prospect.

Sedlock would certainly be interesting, but idk if Baltimore would move one of it's best pitching prospects for a reliever.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 11, 2017 -> 02:58 PM)

Soto is probably too good to get now

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2017 -> 10:29 AM)
It would be ideal to get teams other than Washington involved in the bidding.

Absolutely

I don't see robertson or Quintana being dealt until much closer to the deadline. Teams are focused on the draft right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2017 -> 01:23 PM)
Let's get Mets and Nats in a bidding war if Familia is done for season

I don't love the Mets farm as a match for us. Beyond their top couple guys there isn't anything that interesting at a glance.

Gimenez is a player I like, but he is far off from the majors

Edited by steveno89