Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think there's also extension potential with Manaea. 

Remember when the A's were too scared to start Manaea against us in the playoffs in 2020 and started Mike Fiers instead? Fun times. 

5 minutes ago, Pal said:

Would you guys rather roll with Sheets/Vaughn/Engel (what's left of him) in RF, or trade one of them and go with Joc Pederson?

uhhh Depends who because I'd gladly trade Sheets.. Vaughn not so much. And I think that's the concensus of this board

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

2 minutes ago, Pal said:

Would you guys rather roll with Sheets/Vaughn/Engel (what's left of him) in RF, or trade one of them and go with Joc Pederson?

At this point, I'm in the Vaughn+ for Bryan Reynolds camp. I'm a big fan of Reynolds. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Tnetennba said:

They have ties to Giolito, right?  Or am I thinking something else?

Giolito, Grandal, Cease, Hendriks. They might as well be a White Sox hype account. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pal said:

I wouldn't say that you're required to trade them (You can send Romy to AAA and keep all of them on the roster, or send Vaughn to AAA for work until an injury occurs). But given those two choices, Joc and a trade. 

Just now, Pal said:

I trade Sheets, not Vaughn.  I don't love Joc but I'd take him over any Sheets/Vaughn/Engel amalgam pretending to play RF on a regular basis.

Come on.

If we were going to trade Vaughn i'd want..

Either Luis Castillo or Tyler Mahle

OR Manaea and Montas and a backup C and like Tony Kemp or some sort of 2b.

I'm OK trading other pieces (sheets, etc) for Manaea. Would be lukewarm/fine about that. Montas is elite, but only has 2 years.

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

an easy replacement for once Keuchel's contract expires...and we can evaluate Kopech and Crochet's ability to stay in rotation. This is almost ideal. 

See, I forgot that Keuchel is left handed.  That's how little he factors into the rotation in my brain.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Come on.

If we were going to trade Vaughn i'd want..

Either Luis Castillo or Tyler Mahle

OR Manaea and Montas and a backup C and like Tony Kemp or some sort of 2b.

I'm OK trading other pieces (sheets, etc) for Manaea. Would be lukewarm/fine about that. Montas is elite, but only has 2 years.

Tony Kemp has very little use on this roster now. 

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

uhhh Depends who because I'd gladly trade Vaughn.. Sheets not so much. And I think that's the concensus of this board

Hmm, why would you trade vaughn before Sheets? Do you think Sheets has a higher ceiling than Vaughn or just less value? I don't think any team would rather have Sheets than Vaughn going forward.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hmm, why would you trade vaughn before Sheets? Do you think Sheets has a higher ceiling than Vaughn or just less value? I don't think any team would rather have Sheets than Vaughn going forward.

sorry, I meant I'd gladly trade Sheets. I flopped the names.. oopsies

• Like 1