Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Kopech without injuries already would be the ace of the staff. I don't understand why people have soured on him so much. He should be an exceptional #5

1st sentence pure conjecture and a hot take. 2nd sentence not soured on him, only understanding that he's just now starting his future role. He will struggle like most young starting pitchers and has innings limits. 3rd sentence. I hope that you are right and that the Sox handle him in such a way that he can pitch many meaningful innings in the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Do people here honestly think Kopech is going to replace Rodons production from last year? What are you smoking?

Clearly some people do. 

11 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Did people expect Rodon to be Rodon of last year when he signed for pennies to stay here?

No, but he was at least a starting pitcher before that.

9 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Kopech without injuries already would be the ace of the staff. I don't understand why people have soured on him so much. He should be an exceptional #5

Then he needs to prove it as an actual starting pitcher.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

1st sentence pure conjecture and a hot take. 2nd sentence not soured on him, only understanding that he's just now starting his future role. He will struggle like most young starting pitchers and has innings limits. 3rd sentence. I hope that you are right and that the Sox handle him in such a way that he can pitch many meaningful innings in the playoffs.

The likelihood he's out of baseball in five years might be almost equal to him leading the Sox rotation.  Completely unpredictable.

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes, even Boras' assistant,  Heyman, has nothing.

Hopefully that means he’s already got a deal in place with the Sox and they’re just waiting for Hahn to free up a roster spot by trading Kimbrel 😁

Edited by Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hopefully that means he’s already got a deal in place with the Sox and they’re just waiting for Hahn to free up a roster spot by trading Kimbrel 😁

This is Boras we are talking about. Highly doubt that’s the case

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

White Sox pursuing Marcell Ozuna and Trevor Bauer as "diminished value" high upside assets.

Serious question - I know Bauer’s status but what is Ozuna’s this year? Not that I want him, just legitimately don’t know.

18 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

yeah his potential is there, but he made his debut 4 years ago and has 83 innings under his belt. Not many as a starter. Hes not going to be counted on to do anything drastic this year. In that same time Rodon threw 300 innings. 

of course not, people werent clamoring that we wouldnt need another pitcher because we had Rodon returning either

Lets hope they dont go the Rodon route with Kopech. Also if you think Rodon didnt care about that playoff game then you definitely didnt watch it or have ever played a competitive sport in your life. Im sure he was "half hearted" throwing his first career postseason start in a contract year after almost having to retire from baseball. Nice take 

Half-tank is better word I guess. No one thinks Rodon lacks effort or anything like that.

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Scott Boras is doing no one any solids.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Your theories are always entertaining. Hang in there, help is just a solid from Boras away !

You guys underestimate Boras, he’s a good quality dude once you get to know him

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No idea who this is, but claiming Rangers involved and speculates White Sox

Sounds like he's assuming the Sox are in, but haven't heard anything concrete on it. 

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic