Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I got the same DM as Dave a few weeks back. So weird 

I feel like he’s going to sign a deal like Rodon but for a few million less per year.  Gives the signing team some protection where they can bring him back if he has a big year.  Have a very hard time seeing any team give him four years.

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

I feel like he’s going to sign a deal like Rodon but for a few million less per year.  Gives the signing team some protection where they can bring him back if he has a big year.  Have a very hard time seeing any team give him four years.

Sox would be really dumb to not sign him on a deal like that. Very little risk if it’s only 2 years and he would be here for the peak of the window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think the value equation for them losing a pick for a short term deal with Conforto is too costly.

Revenue Sharing Recipients: Brewers, Diamondbacks, Guardians, Marlins, Mariners, Orioles, Pirates, Rays, Reds, Rockies, Royals, Tigers, Twins

These 13 teams received revenue sharing and did not exceed the competitive balance tax. If one of these teams signs a qualified free agent, it forfeits its third-highest pick. These teams face the smallest draft pick penalty.  Of this group, the Mariners and Tigers seem to be the most likely to sign a qualified free agent, but others like the Twins and Marlins are possible.

(How the Mariners and Rockies got on this list, no idea…)

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think the value equation for them losing a pick for a short term deal with Conforto is too costly.

If they value Conforto as the missing piece...that's only the 60th. draft pick.

27 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Strap on a pair, Hahn!

Do the Sox have anything that can match what the Padres can offer?

The Sox need pitching. They can't afford to really part with pitching. If that what the pirates want, I can't see the Sox as a match.

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The Sox need pitching. They can't afford to really part with pitching. If that what the pirates want, I can't see the Sox as a match.

No. If the Padres decide to pay for this player, the White Sox could not match it without moving guys they would not move.

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Eh, vaughn+, but we aren't a great system to make deals like this. I don't think Cherington would want a player with his clock started. But he may very well like some of our young talent, or a vera, or a ramos more than industry.

• Quin locked this topic