GAMETHREAD 4/27/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Greinke vs Cease) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

7 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Wouldn't Moncada out of position in LF be better than Vaughn out of position in RF though?

I guess. I would rather see Moncada in the infield though, I don’t know why but playing him in the outfield screams a lower body injury to me.

31 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Grandal's contract and fWAR is a sunk cost, He's fortunate they don't have automated strike zones, otherwise his primary strength (pitch framing) would be neutralized.  Now that he is DHing more than Catching, his fWAR remains negative.

Back on your Grandal bullshit eh?  He's been bad in this tiny sample, but he was worth 3.7 fWAR in 93 games last year with an also horrid start.  .420 OBP.  Yaz will be fine offensively, eventually.  He's far from a "sunk cost"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

One thing I have always promoted is the guys who produce are the guys who play. Jose and Yaz should sit when they are flat. 

When Yoan returns, they'd better keep Burger around. Vaughn and Abreu should cover 1B and DH ,alternating in the field. 

Jake could cover LF as well as Eloy with no experience needed. 

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Of course, Leury will be in for Burger tomorrow. TLR really must stop jerking people in and out, up and down the lineup so people can gain a level of comfort and preparedness.

And Vaughn will be benched for someone as well.

7 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Of course, Leury will be in for Burger tomorrow. TLR really must stop jerking people in and out, up and down the lineup so people can gain a level of comfort and preparedness.

TLR really must be hit by 🌩 

17 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

It appears to me that TLR got neutered a bit.  We've seen 2 of the most sensible lineups of the season the last 2 games.  I am hopeful that the lineup games are over for the time being and Burger and AV will be in the lineup tomorrow, along with the return of Luis.

TA SS, Vaughn LF, Robert CF, Yaz DH, Abreu 1B, Pollock RF, Burger 3B, pick one of the 3 shitty options at 2B, McGuire C should be the lineup tomorrow.  Switch in Sheets for Yaz at DH if you must, that'd be fine. 

Edited by ChiSox59

31 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Back on your Grandal bullshit eh?  He's been bad in this tiny sample, but he was worth 3.7 fWAR in 93 games last year with an also horrid start.  .420 OBP.  Yaz will be fine offensively, eventually.  He's far from a "sunk cost"

Lol, build him a statue, would mimic his defensive and batting stances. $73M for a part time catcher in decline. Same FA class as Dallas Keuchel. 

The Summer of George Decade of Hahn! High water mark remains, and likely will remain, Ricky Renteria and Lucas Giolito, starting catcher James McCann and the rest of the team celebrating their lone playoff lead in the Hahn era, before Hahn's FA star Dallas Keuchel, followed by literally no remaining starting pitcher available after a 60 game death march, were slated for Games 2 and 3 with only a split needed to advance.

One Shinning Moment

OSBZ77JU5476DYDQ6YJWBJJV2U.jpg

Dallas Comegys (2:09 in) in the HOUSE!

OG Shining Moment

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Lol, build him a statue, would mimic his defensive and batting stances. $73M for a part time catcher in decline. Same FA class as Dallas Keuchel. 

The Summer of George Decade of Hahn! High water mark remains, and likely will remain, Ricky Renteria and Lucas Giolito, starting catcher James McMann and the rest of the team celebrating their lone playoff lead in the Hahn era, before Hahn's FA star Dallas Keuchel, followed by literally no remaining starting pitcher available after a 60 game death march, were slated for Games 2 and 3 with only a split needed to advance.

One Shinning Moment

OSBZ77JU5476DYDQ6YJWBJJV2U.jpg

Dallas Comegys (2:09 in) in the HOUSE!

OG Shining Moment

Lol.  That's all I have to say.  Back to ignore where you belong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, pettie4sox said:

At some point, Abreu needs to realize he's not producing shit and until he does he shouldn't be taking away from people who are.

I'm sure he realizes his production blows (.203, 2 HRs, just 6 RBI) but what's he supposed to do, hold a news conference and say: "I am not producing (bleep) and until I am I shouldn't be in the lineup." Ballplayers don't do that.