TA out 3 weeks

southsider2k5

47 minutes ago, Tony said:

Just disgusting. Not even blaming TLR, it’s just shocking how bad this roster is on May 31

I mean, this is a B-game lineup.  I don't even know what to say.  Where the hell are Luis and Yoan?  How many games are we going to just punt this season?  This is really sad.  

10 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I mean, this is a B-game lineup.  I don't even know what to say.  Where the hell are Luis and Yoan?  How many games are we going to just punt this season?  This is really sad.  

Even Pollock coming off a 3 fWAR season looks curiously absent.  But can’t play since Gausman is right-handed I guess. The turf in Toronto does him no favors healthwise, but my god, this looks the opposite of promising.

Playing Vaughn in LF and Sheets in RF on a much speedier surface is beyond idiotic.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

I know that he's not, but seriously, it sometimes seems like LaRussa is trying to lose.

Sometimes?  I feel like he makes winning decisions less off than losing decisions.  Honestly.  Its rare there is an entire game that goes by that the lineup and in game decisions point towards a manager trying to put his team in the best position to win.  

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But I thought he died on Sunday? You would think so reading this board the last two days.

Expect the worst hope for the best. Not sure why that’s an unacceptable thing to do when it comes to injuries. Especially since this is a message board to discuss potential scenarios.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Expect the worst hope for the best. Not sure why that’s an unacceptable thing to do when it comes to injuries.

The dude got carried off without putting weight on his leg.  Plenty of reason to be extremely concerned.  Seems as though we may get as close to a best case scenario as reasonably expected.  Which is fanfuckingtastic and much needed news.

Doesn't change the fact that there is a multitude of things to be extremely concerned about with this team and its management, which JGB cannot ever seen to wrap his head around.  They've been awful 30% of the way thru the season, with no signs of turning it around.  Not exactly a cute little sample size any longer.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

White Sox lead all of MLB in catastrophic-looking injuries as well as injuries that look to be season-altering but turn out to be more innocuous during this current 2021-22 stretch.

I don't know about that. They've had 2 hamstring injuries that required surgery. Thise are fairly rare and significant. 

14 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

Man, it looked bad . he couldn't walk on it.

Riding a bike isn't all that tough for a groin injury. They are more involved with side to side and cutting motions.

While it's a good sign, it doesn't necessarily mean anything concrete. 

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Riding a bike isn't all that tough for a groin injury. They are more involved with side to side and cutting motions.

While it's a good sign, it doesn't necessarily mean anything concrete. 

Question....

Whenever I've had groin injuries, doing anything that involved a deep flexing (knee tucks) has always tweaked me, and riding a bike has always been something that I have to work up to.

Generally attributable to bad form ("you're doing it wrong")? Or is this common?

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sounds like 3-6 weeks.  Which is fantastic fucking news, if its true.  Not quite ready to move on with WSD being the most credible source of that to this point. 

That seems like a best case scenario.  Let's hope they keep contact with the Twins during this time so they have a chance come July and August.

• Heads22 changed the title to TA out 3 weeks
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic