7/23 Guardians vs White Sox G1 12:10 PM: McKenzie vs Cueto

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I fully expect this Sox team to win tonight and tomorrow to get back to.500 because that's just typical of this team.

That would require scoring a run against Shane Bieber tomorrow.  I’m not sure they’ll beat Pinklington tonight!

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

All that foolish optimism after winning 3 of 4 against the Twins is gone. There is no way Hahn should trade any prospects to improve this dead ass team. The White Sox should be in full sell mode. 

I would love if they unload Giolito

Just now, fathom said:

I blame Hahn for not having a real fucking right fielder on the roster.

And for not sending Sheets down to AAA. And signing Leury to a long-term deal. Don't give Tony toys.

1 minute ago, Tomtom said:

That would require scoring a run against Shane Bieber tomorrow.  I’m not sure they’ll beat Pinklington tonight!

It's less about Pilkington and more about how poorly Lynn has pitched. 

Just now, 2Deep said:

I hate Larussa but don't fault him for bringing Hendricks into the game. At some point guys have to produce.

Guys like .....

Pollock

Garcia

Eloy 

Yasmani 

These guys are worthless

Which is more likely: a half dozen good players all suddenly got a lot worse, or the environment is causing the problem?

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

I hate Larussa but don't fault him for bringing Hendricks into the game. At some point guys have to produce.

Guys like .....

Pollock

Garcia

Eloy 

Yasmani 

These guys are worthless

He did bring Pollock into this game cause he pinch hit Eloy for Engel. But yeah, you can't completely fault LaRussa for Sheets sucking ass. He really doesn't have a lot of other options to play RF with Robert on the IL. That's a Hahn problem.

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

Which is more likely: a half dozen good players all suddenly got a lot worse, or the environment is causing the problem?

I truly don't know. What I know and have been saying since after the all star break last year is that this team has morphed into their manager. They are lifeless, make bad decisions, and have no urgency.

5 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

It was a big situation and he was called upon to do his job.  He should have been ready to man up but instead he shit the bed.  I'm not  defending Tony but this was on Liam.  

I'm not blaming Liam he's a great pitcher . He's going to give up runs every so often and hadn't given up an earned run in a while.

I'm also not blaming LaRussa.

I'm just being this:

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would love if they unload Giolito

Who's even interested? 

If he's topping at 93 mph he sucks and nobody would want him. 

Giolito is nothing more than a salary dump unless he gets some velo back with a full ST. 

Better to hang on to him and hope that he regains some velo next year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

All that foolish optimism after winning 3 of 4 against the Twins is gone. There is no way Hahn should trade any prospects to improve this dead ass team. The White Sox should be in full sell mode. 

No doubt in my mind that they will have enough two game win streaks (lol) leading up to the deadline to convince themselves they should still be buyers, yet never even get above .500.

I fully expect us to win the last two games in the series.  That said, this game bothers me.   Resting important offensive players like Eloy and Anderson when we are already missing an important player in Roberts.  Keeping players well rested for the playoffs isn't going to be necessary if we don't start playing like each game matters.  

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

I truly don't know. What I know and have been saying since after the all star break last year is that this team has morphed into their manager. They are lifeless, make bad decisions, and have no urgency.

So you're saying they play like they have a hangover?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

I blame Hahn for not having a real fucking right fielder on the roster.

I blame all 3 Jerry, Rick and TLR.

They could have had a real RF if Jerry just simply paid for one a couple seasons ago with Harper. 

Hahn takes the blame for not acquiring a real RF after that offseason and pissing away a year of contention to see if a 1B/DH could play there.

I blame TLR for being the moron who keeps playing the guy out there expecting different results. Not a HoF worthy move.