7/27 Sox @ Rockies 2:10 CST

Vote4Pedro

1 minute ago, JoeCredeYes said:

The 16 year old Soph in HS version of me was devastated by that series, man did I have my hopes up. 

I was 9 and remember coming home from school to see they got swept. It sucked. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

Just now, JoeCredeYes said:

The 16 year old Soph in HS version of me was devastated by that series, man did I have my hopes up. 

The 9 year old 4th grader in me was also devastated. That was the 1st Sox team I really followed.  That offense was so fucking nasty. Been hooked ever since.

• Like 1

Didn’t Durham break the wrong way on the first play of the entire series?  I believe Rickey was batting.

9 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Twins & Guardians aren't good enough to run away with the division. Ultimately, it's always better to make the playoffs and just see what happens.

The Brave & Yankees were both flirting with .500 around this time last year, too

The Braves acquired 4 outfielders at the deadline- Jock Pederson, Adam Duvall, Eddie Rosario, and Jorge Solar.  Do you think Hahn has the balls to do the same to revamp our outfield lineup if Robert is out for an extended period. Or will we see more of the same with DH's rotating the 2 corner spots without providing enough power to make up for their blunders.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add

Just now, chw42 said:

I was 9 and remember coming home from school to see they got swept. It sucked. 

We had old ass tube TVs in most classrooms and could sneak a new mins between periods, I just remember thinking "how could we get crushed this bad?" 

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

The Braves acquired 4 outfielders at the deadline- Jock Pederson, Adam Duvall, Eddie Rosario, and Jorge Solar.  Do you think Hahn has the balls to do the same to revamp our outfield lineup if Robert is out for an extended period. Or will we see more of the same with DH's rotating the 2 corner spots without providing enough power to make up for their blunders.

Sheets is pointless on the roster if Grandal is at DH a lot 

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

The Braves acquired 4 outfielders at the deadline- Jock Pederson, Adam Duvall, Eddie Rosario, and Jorge Solar.  Do you think Hahn has the balls to do the same to revamp our outfield lineup if Robert is out for an extended period. Or will see more of the same with DH's rotating the 2 corner spots without providing enough power to make up for their blunders.

I don't think it's an issue of balls. Trading Madrigal for an expensive reliever took balls. I don't think he's afraid to take a huge swing. Joc, Soler, & Rosario were not huge swings by the Braves. They were calculated moves which addressed Atlanta's areas of need. That is what Hahn needs to do here.

We had old ass tube TVs in most classrooms and could sneak a new mins between periods, I just remember thinking "how could we get crushed this bad?" 

That was my first year following the Sox and they were so fun to watch.