What Will it Take for You to Give Up?

Texsox

Yeah it's a shitty division. It's been a shitty division all season. 

My vacation is about over, I'm going to be busy. My team is getting started, I need to be coaching. Perhaps I'll look past all the Astros news to see the standings, but I think I've seen enough. 

None of the better players are likable. If this should be a fourth place team, I'd be cheering Leury and Harrison. But it's a first place team in theory and I should be cheering for a blowout win so those guys could play a couple innings at the end of the game. I shouldn't see them batting at the top of the first. 

When the playoffs start without the Sox, I'm putting on an Astros hat. Why fight it? It's my home market team that MLB crams down my thoughts ( and throat)

• Thanks 1

Yep. I’m also 2 hours away from the 2nd best team in the AL. No reason to follow this lifeless, underachieving, bumbling, “not giving a fuck”, organization other than blind  nostalgia.

I’ll have signed jerseys on my walls from Paulie and AJ, but I’ll have an Astros hat on my head and ticket in my hand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

As I mentioned in another thread, if we get swept by the A's it's time to re-tool. The White Sox are in my DNA and I will continue to watch and pull for them but this year has really been a test.

This. I’ll watch regardless so I’d rather see them snap out of it. But if they fall 6 GB+, I’ll lose hope. Until then, and certainly at just 3 GB and the Twins playing even worse than us, it’s still there for the taking. 

I will always be a Sox fan, but I won't spend a dime on this team until Jerry croaks or sells. I have already given up as far as this window is concerned because this last offseason made it obvious Rick Hahn is not good at free agent signings. Our farm is starting to show life as far as potential goes, so at least its not all doom and gloom for the future.

Still, a new owner and FO would bring me back to traveling to chicago to see games and spending on merch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, dohnut said:

I don’t know, man.

I don’t think a retool is the answer. I don’t know if these guys aren’t who we thought they were or if they’re being poorly coached… I just know that they’re bad.

I think it has to be a major retool or they’ll have to tear it down to the studs and start all over again. The 2023 team should look nothing like the 2022 version, and that means they’ll have to trade some people who we thought were untradeable. I’m okay with either scenario as long as they send TLR back to Arizona. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I think it has to be a major retool or they’ll have to tear it down to the studs and start all over again. The 2023 team should look nothing like the 2022 version, and that means they’ll have to trade some people who we thought were untradeable. I’m okay with either scenario as long as they send TLR back to Arizona. 

Arizona is still recovering from the TLR days, this just looks too similar 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

I think this has to be the next step and also ALL of the coaches. 

I live up the street from the ST facility.  Becoming a Dodgers fan would be a good excuse right now. 

New ownership could be the answer but new owners make stupid mistakes like what Jerry did with TLR.   They have no clue what hands off means.

If they become sellers I'm done.  It's driver that needs to be replaced and I'll bet KW and Hahn are handcuffed.

Edited by kitekrazy

37 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Last night did it for me. I know this contradicts anything I've ever posted about making the playoffs, but even if they somehow snuck in, they have no chance once they get there.

I would rather not make the playoffs than watch a 3 games series where our guys are "focusing on good atbats" to the tune of 17 singles out of 20 hits like last year. That series was embarrassing

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

I’d like to see this group under a different (better) manager and staff.  Maybe they still aren’t at the same level as NYY or Houston, but at least we would know what we have and that should make the path forward easier to gauge.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t been to the park since before COVID. Have no interest in going anytime soon. It’s not even that I don’t want to give me money to the team, I just have no desire or interest to go watch the team play. 

I haven’t watched a full game in literally months. I’m always checking what’s going on from a day to day basis, but they have given me no reason to commit and time or real attention to them. 

• TLR 1

Stopped watching from early June to the All Star Break, had a great time! Went to Spain, got engaged. Tuned in again at the start of second half, see that the team is still complete shit, going to prolly tune out pretty soon again and enjoy the rest of summer! Have tickets to one more game this year, if it wasn’t with my group of best friends since grade school I wouldn’t go. 

• Like 1