Carlos Perez being promoted from Charlotte, Yaz to go on IL (out 10-14 days)

Sleepy Harold

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

What am I thinking, he is probably driving him to Cleveland as we speak.  God speed man!

lol I’m happy. He’s going to be a mlb catcher. But after the last two weeks I’m prepared to be annoyed when people write him off if he’s not immediately the best offensive player on team.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

But that 8.3% k rate does.

Right, he finished 90% of his ABs with a ball in play. We’ll see if the 17 homers aren’t just off mistakes he’ll see more of in AAA. But he did create some power for himself to punish mistakes, so good for him.

11 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Your contact hitter narrative doesn't stand up under the .259 AVG, 17 HR, and ~.200 ISO.

I said he had 17 HR's what more do you want ? Contact hitter meaning his K rate is very low. You can still be a contact hitter and hit HR's. I didn't say weak contact did I ? He knows how to hit when  he has 2 strikes on him at least against minor league pitching. I suspect he'll be K'ing more up here. But it's a positive thing in general that he makes contact.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

lol I’m happy. He’s going to be a mlb catcher. But after the last two weeks I’m prepared to be annoyed when people write him off if he’s not immediately the best offensive player on team.

Ah yes, the Sosa redux.

Edited by DirtySox

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I said he had 17 HR's what more do you want ? Contact hitter meaning his K rate is very low. You can still be a contact hitter and hit HR's. I didn't say weak contact did I ? He knows how to hit when  he has 2 strikes on him at least against minor league pitching. I suspect he'll be K'ing more up here. But it's a positive thing in general that he makes contact.

I meant no offense, just seems more like a power hitter with a low k rate.

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Carlos Perez being promoted from Charlotte, Yaz to go on IL (out 10-14 days)

Well out 2 weeks is better than an acl. We’re paying Yaz next season so may as well try to get him 100% so he can catch 60-70 games, take his walks and hopefully find some power. But don’t rush him back in 2 weeks, this season just isn’t meant to be for Yaz. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I don’t wish injury on anyone, but this move needed to happen a long time ago.  Yaz is done and needs to hang them up. 

How McEwing sent Yaz home is almost criminal, he's the slowest guy on the team and looked like he was running in quicksand.

I feel for Yaz as I blew out my ACL in 1977 playing tennis, only time I had more pain was when passing a kidney stone in 2017.

3 years ago CWS needed position player upgrades at C, 2B and RF.

(Pitching upgrades are eternal.)

Today  the same position-player issues exist along  with the self-inflicted wound of hiring TLR as manager.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

How McEwing sent Yaz home is almost criminal, he's the slowest guy on the team and looked like he was running in quicksand.

I feel for Yaz as I blew out my ACL in 1977 playing tennis, only time I had more pain was when passing a kidney stone in 2017.

Then they need to PR for him that was a softly hit ground ball. If he's not sent Elvis doesn't score and they don't get the second run.  The fact he got hurt is not on McEwing.  I do agree it was a bad send.  If you watch this putrid offense they need to take those risks.  

He shouldn't have tried to avoid the tag hes not athletic enough. 

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Then they need to PR for him that was a softly hit ground ball. If he's not sent Elvis doesn't score and they don't get the second run.  The fact he got hurt is not on McEwing.  I do agree it was a bad send.  If you watch this putrid offense they need to take those risks.  

He shouldn't have tried to avoid the tag hes not athletic enough. 

I agree on a PR, I'm blaming McEwing for not realizing Grandal is probably the slowest guy in the league.

20 minutes ago, GradMc said:

3 years ago CWS needed position player upgrades at C, 2B and RF.

(Pitching upgrades are eternal.)

Today  the same position-player issues exist along  with the self-inflicted wound of hiring TLR as manager.

If Carlos Perez is good, and Seby has been solid all season, is C a need?