Jose Ruiz DFA'd, Jesse Scholtens called up

Heads22

39 minutes ago, bmags said:

I would say having to DFA a guy 6 games into the season doesn't inspire much confidence in major league scouting (once again). What's hostetlers role again? I forget.

Dudes like Hostetler are barely putting any work in.  Dude likely works 10 to 15 hours a week tops. The results of the last 18 years are proof of that. This kind of stuff happens in organizations where there is no accountability and job performance is secondary to being a "yes Man" 

• Like 2

The fact it took this long is seriously pathetic. He never should have made the roster from spring training. He should have been DFA after that second horrible debacle outing. 

Another fine outstanding example of our Fu*#ked up front office having absolutely no clue in how to scout, draft, develop and coach winning major league pitchers. 

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I would say having to DFA a guy 6 games into the season doesn't inspire much confidence in major league scouting (once again). What's hostetlers role again? I forget.

Ruiz looked really good the game I saw him in the WBC. I was hoping for a surprise from him this year, but he's  been batting practice. Don't think they exactly upgraded here, as Hahn taking most of the winter off is already starting to show. Obviously  this organization is not serious about winning, just hoping for a few breaks.