Sox @ Rays: 540CT - Kopech vs. Faucher: The Turnaround Starts Now

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I was promised a "championship window" and this is what I got!? When does the owner realize there needs to be changes made starting with the GM!

We were promised a championship window, but unfortunately they went with Feldco.....quality championship windows, siding and doors my ass.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

They fought today. Down 4-0 in the first to a 16-3  team and fight back. It was encouraging. Awful 9th. Sorry that offends you. 

I'm not offended 😂

I'm laughing at living on such an alternate reality as everyone else, and then getting defensive about it. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Speaking of championship windows, how about Hahn and company deciding not to get another starter for 2020 when Ricky was begging for one?

IIRC, didn't they try to trade for Lynn but he turned it down?

34 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The Sox made the playoffs because they played in the weakest division in the sport.  They weren't anything special because of weak pitching.  Even with a Harper or Machado on offense.

Also 2020 was a fake year and the Sox were in the “playoffs” because of two extra playoff spots for that particular year.

Silly to take pride in that.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

Speaking of championship windows, how about Hahn and company deciding not to get another starter for 2020 when Ricky was begging for one?

I've always wondered why the Lynn traded didn't happen in season during 2020. Would have made sense for everyone involved.

5 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

They lost a great opportunity to gain on all the teams in the Central!

Where are they in the wild card race??

But seriously, this team needs to start playing better ball and claw their way back to .500, then worry about what other teams in the Central are doing.

Edited by wegner

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

They fought today. Down 4-0 in the first to a 16-3  team and fight back. It was encouraging. Awful 9th. Sorry that offends you. 

All that matters is did they win the game. They didn't. Case closed...coming back doesn't mean s%*#, it still is a loss. They'll be DOA by June 1.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

It's crazy how bad Hahn is at every aspect of his job. You'd think maybe he would get lucky with a few of his FA signings... He manages to botch basically everything. 

I guess. As long as Reinsdorf owns the team, the next guy is gonna have all the same mandates and parameters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

All that matters is did they win the game. They didn't. Case closed...coming back doesn't mean s%*#, it still is a loss. They'll be DOA by June 1.

Yeah, these are professionals who were supposed to be World Series contenders just one year ago and we are praising them for coming back before ultimately falling apart?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, fathom said:

Ricky and his team had fire, gave a s%*# and played hard for their manager. Hahn used Ricky as a scapegoat for his own failure to assemble more than two starters through the pathetic owner lockout /  60 game season. Hahn was so condescending and arrogant saying Ricky didn't meet expectations. Rick Hahn has zero redeeming qualities as a GM.

I hope Lucas, Anderson, Robert and others have great success after they leave this toxic organization. Also hope Jose Abreu wins a World Series before he retires, Hahn denied him of an opportunity despite Jose giving everything for this organization.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Or ... Tampa, which is off to a magical start, was due for a stinker, tried to give an easy one to the Sox with some miserable at bats in the sixth, seventh and eighth, then woke up in the ninth, doing just enuf to beat a bad team. Sorry to be a d--k but I don't like the "team has a lot of fight in it" statement when the Rays put the Sox away with one good inning late. They won a game they shoulda lost pretty much cause those are our White Sox, a very bad ballclub.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Yeah, these are professionals who were supposed to be World Series contenders just one year ago and we are praising them for coming back before ultimately falling apart?

Normally I'd be hoping this disaster of a team leads to massive changes in the front office but you and I know that even if they are say 25-45 around June 10 nothing will happen. 

Until the owner is removed from the scene and the entire baseball side of the front office is fired nothing will really take place, and even if Hahn would somehow be promoted... another inbred member of the organization would be put in charge and yet again...nothing would change.

It's just an awful position that this incompetent, dysfunctional and inept ownership/organization has put the fans in. 

Just makes you sick.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2