Óscar Colás reportedly being promoted, expected to join club tomorrow

Sleepy Harold

40 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

As much as Frazier and Sheets have disappointed, I predict Perez goes back down and Colas is really replacing Haseley. I hope I am wrong.

Agreed. Don’t really need 3 catchers.

Edit: wait, who does Perez go down for?

Edited by Bob Sacamano

36 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

he's gonna look just as bad as he did the first time. Sox love ruining potential stars. 

There's really no development left for him at AAA. He's proven he's a good AAA hitter and he's 24 with years of pro experience in Cuba. He's gotta sink or swim against MLB pitching now.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I'm thinking they saw Frazier out in RF yesterday and finally realized he's not really a defensive replacement. He has to be gone. You could almost see it on his face the last couple of weeks where he looked like he knew he was running out of time.

Meghan will always stand by her man. Well, if there is still cash to be had.

Catchers: Zavala (Giolito, Cease, Kopech), Grandal (Lynn, Banks).

Infielders: Vaughn (1B), Remillard (2B), Anderson (SS), Burger (3B), Andrus (Reserve).

DH: Eloy (Permanent).

Outfield: Benintendi, Robert, Colas, Sheets (4th OF), Hamilton (5th OF).

• Transaction: Sosa for Perez
  • Keep Elvis to have someone if you flip Tim. 
  • Pending Transaction: Lambert up if Shaw sucks once or twice more.

"We Got To Pray, Just To Make It Today."

- White Sox Mission Statement

So

2 hours ago, Tony said:

So not only did Colas not work out for the Sox in the first half of the season, the only reason he broke camp with the club was because the Sox made zero effort to upgrade RF in the offseason and put all their eggs in the preverbal "Oscar Colas basket" when he clearly wasn't ready. 

They're really fantastic at compounding their own self-inflicted wounds. 

"Clearly wasn't ready" is pretty easy to say in hindsight. It's extremely difficult to assess readiness just as it is to assess which draft picks are going to become MLB players. Many players are brought up and fail multiple times all over MLB and then become productive MLB players, some never do.

Some are coached into success and some are coached into failure. But he was 25 and torched 2 levels and starting to torch the 3rd when the season ended. Maybe all the time off waiting to be drafted hurt him more than anything. He also could have failed from lack of experience despite how old he was from the missed time.

Let's just hope he does better this time around.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

"Clearly wasn't ready" is pretty easy to say in hindsight. It's extremely difficult to assess readiness just as it is to assess which draft picks are going to become MLB players. Many players are brought up and fail multiple times all over MLB and then become productive MLB players, some never do.

Some are coached into success and some are coached into failure. But he was 25 and torched 2 levels and starting to torch the 3rd when the season ended. Maybe all the time off waiting to be drafted hurt him more than anything. He also could have failed from lack of experience despite how old he was from the missed time.

I hope so. He’s easy to cheer for. He plays hard.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I like him, and actually thought he was a decent option for the Sox in RF to open the season. I was responding to the comment I quoted. 

However, the point remains the RF has been a gigantic hole for the Sox basically since Jermaine Dye left the Sox. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

I like him, and actually thought he was a decent option for the Sox in RF to open the season. I was responding to the comment I quoted. 

However, the point remains the RF has been a gigantic hole for the Sox basically since Jermaine Dye left the Sox. 

Minus the two really strong individual seasons from Eaton and Avisail...

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, soxfaninfl said:

I hope the circus that performed in RF yesterday finally made someone come to their senses.

There are so many other things with this organization that someone has to come to their senses about.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2

Colas deserves to be back in Chicago.  But now the timing is kind of odd. If Colas returns and hopefully is permanent in RF, where does that put Eloy?  I would have hoped he was playing some in RF to try and increase his trade value at the deadline. If he returns to only DH his value drops even lower.  It seems like Eloy will not be traded as just a DH but maybe some team sees him playing in the outfield or the Sox just figure he is a permanent DH.

8 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Colas deserves to be back in Chicago.  But now the timing is kind of odd. If Colas returns and hopefully is permanent in RF, where does that put Eloy?  I would have hoped he was playing some in RF to try and increase his trade value at the deadline. If he returns to only DH his value drops even lower.  It seems like Eloy will not be traded as just a DH but maybe some team sees him playing in the outfield or the Sox just figure he is a permanent DH.

I think Eloy will still see sometime in the OF. He’ll be used the same way he has been.