7/4 Gamethread (Giolito vs. Bassitt)

6 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

As the schedule stands today, the White Sox have 21 games remaining in July. Unfortunately, I see the Sox going 6-15 or 7-14 in those games. I hope I'm, wrong, but I think their season will be officially before the end of July.

6-15? They play 2 series with teams above .500 in July. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

6-15? They play 2 series with teams above .500 in July. 

Time to go on a run, 10-11 should keep them in the race.

Also, Happy 4th fellow Pale Hose fans

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jerry McNertney said:

As the schedule stands today, the White Sox have 21 games remaining in July. Unfortunately, I see the Sox going 6-15 or 7-14 in those games. I hope I'm, wrong, but I think their season will be officially before the end of July.

One could make the case the season was officially over on May 1 after that horrible April.

As bad as the division is, with all the injuries and shortcomings thanks to an incompetent front office this team isn't going anywhere and needs to start the rebuild of the rebuild at the trade deadline. 

• Like 3

• Capn12 pinned this topic
44 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Season ended after losing 10 in a row.  It's a .500 team the other 152.  They can't sustain  any success. 

But hey how about that great comeback victory to end that losing streak!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Season ended after losing 10 in a row.  It's a .500 team the other 152.  They can't sustain  any success. 

The White Sox are .500 (187-187) since Tony La Russa fist bumped fellow paisano Rocco Baldelli for ordering the beaning of Yermin Mercedes.

• 2021 68-54
  • 2021 Playoffs 1-3
  • 2022 81-81
  • 2023 37-49

May 18th, 2021. A date which will live in White Sox infamy.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/19/tony-larussa-losing-white-sox-after-ripping-yermin-mercedes/

Edited by South Side Hit Men

I like the power in our line-up tonight -- Robert Jr., Eloy, Vaughn, Burger, Zavala, and Colas.

And maybe some small ball base hits from TA, Benni, and Remillard will set the table for them.

I like our chances tonight. Come on...

"Go... you... White... Sox"  (fond memories emerge of Andy "the Clown" Rodzilsky, a great SS White Sox fan and mascot who was treated like sh1t and disrespected by Einhorn and Reinsdorf ) 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The White Sox are .500 (187-187) since Tony La Russa fist bumped fellow paisano Rocco Baldelli for ordering the beaning of Yermin Mercedes.

May 18th, 2021. A date which will live in White Sox infamy.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/19/tony-larussa-losing-white-sox-after-ripping-yermin-mercedes/

Kinda cherry picking stats, aren’t we? I mean, the team was 14 over in 2021 after that date and I fail to see cause and effect past that year.

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic