Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, Quin said:

Use Twitter.com as the URL and cut off the utm code (the ? and everything after). 

Sometimes it still embeds with the utm code, but it's hit or miss.

Just playing around, on my desktop the link is twitter.com and it embeds fine. 

On mobile the copied link is x.com. I have to change it to twitter.com and delete everything after the ?, including the?, then cut and repaste.

Edited by Tnetennba

Pedro when he’s asked about the shooting: “That’s why I like this fan base and it’s a privilege to play in front of them. They have that fight in them. They’re ready to kill at any moment. And that’s what south side baseball is. And me, and Tony, and Getzy are going to bring that to the diamond”

• Haha 2

This is a real quite from Grifol after last night's loss:

“It’s not for lack of trying. These guys are out there doing their work. We’ve just got to get better. There’s no excuses. It’s not Major League Baseball. We’ve got to tighten up.”

Can someone explain the "it's not major league baseball" portion of that?

26 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

This is a real quite from Grifol after last night's loss:

“It’s not for lack of trying. These guys are out there doing their work. We’ve just got to get better. There’s no excuses. It’s not Major League Baseball. We’ve got to tighten up.”

Can someone explain the "it's not major league baseball" portion of that?

They are basically AAAA talent. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

They are basically AAAA talent. 

I guess he means they're not playing up to the standards of MLB lol...that's certainly true for the Royals and Sox these days.

Or even compared to last year when they were at least a .500ish club and were even above in September.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 10:10 AM, FrontierDayz said:

Exactly TSox….Dallas Sox Fan here…Bochy is humble and commands respect wherever he goes…Rangers want to play hard for him and do…he keeps the roster fully engaged with fair and balanced gameday lineups…when Rangers recently played in SanFran the fans and xGiants loved the man…Old School yes but he motivates and leads from today’s dugout…difference between winners here and losers on the SouthSide…

Bochy was on my short list. At this point, Scioscia is probably best possible guy they could get. Not modern, but well respected and would command the clubhouse. Knows the game extremely well and still plenty young. 

It also seems some of these older managers have actually done really well - Baker, Bochy, Showwalter (until this year), Francona.

28 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bochy was on my short list. At this point, Scioscia is probably best possible guy they could get. Not modern, but well respected and would command the clubhouse. Knows the game extremely well and still plenty young. 

It also seems some of these older managers have actually done really well - Baker, Bochy, Showwalter (until this year), Francona.

Bob Melvin...not so much.  Will probably get fired after the season.

50 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Does Getz have the authority to fire Pedro?

Other than a guaranteed paycheck, I don’t see one reason even the most inept baseball people would think Pedro can manage a championship team. If the goal is to be .500 and try to sneak into the playoffs because of a bad division, sort of like the Bulls these days, then OK. He can probably manage an average team if things go his way, but he really is almost Terry Bevington level. I fully expect he’ll be gone at some point in 2024.