Jump to content

Fire Pedro Grifol


Chicago White Sox
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, caulfield12 said:

All I asked was where the game thread is...but I guess nobody cares anymore at this point.

I mean...imagine if you said exactly two years ago when Anderson walked off the Yankees at the Field of Dreams game that we were going to have a NY series in our so called championship window and it was basically going to be irrelevant for both franchises.

I would have created one but don’t watch Clevinger games. Entering Opening Day Norridge Caputo’s on Harlem and Montrose.

Shopped at their OG location on Wrightwood & Harlem since the 1980s.
 

F5-B8-BC4-B-1-E83-4-F5-F-8266-729-CCE9-A

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I would have created one but don’t watch Clevinger games. Entering Opening Day Norridge Caputo’s on Harlem and Montrose.

Shopped at their OG location on Wrightwood & Harlem since the 1980s.
 

F5-B8-BC4-B-1-E83-4-F5-F-8266-729-CCE9-A

 

Can you pick up some Italian Sausages for me.....I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe Grifol is smart enough to know that he and his staff will f*** up the kids' development and give them bad habits that will ruin their careers, so he is brilliantly shielding them from his and his staff's incompetence.

Next level genius.

Edited by JoeC
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

My mom still goes to Caputo's for their Italian sausage. So freaking good. 

 

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Can you pick up some Italian Sausages for me.....I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday.

I'll have to try it, usually pick up their Italian Beef which is very good. Can make a few combos. Paired of course with Marconi's Hot Giardiniera.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If playing Elvis is your way to try to avoid 100 losses, it says a lot about where the organization is. And if major league wins right now are more important than development, why did the Sox trade all those guys at the deadline? These guys couldn't be straight with you if they tried. Pedro is in way over his head. Fire his ass with the rest of them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JR addressing team owners on how to make money with a team. "the next couple of years we expect to lose 90 to 100 games while we play guys that would be developing in AAA in a quality organization. We're paying AAA salaries and receiving MLB revenue. Best of all, our hardcore fans demand and support it! Don't worry, there's something in this for the rest of baseball. If any of the crap we drafted and rush through miraculously turn out to be players, we'll trade them to you instead of paying big contracts and just start the process over again. Leave Chicago? With these suckers? Hahaha"

f*** this organization and a hundred year tradition of delivering crap. 

 

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

If playing Elvis is your way to try to avoid 100 losses, it says a lot about where the organization is. And if major league wins right now are more important than development, why did the Sox trade all those guys at the deadline? These guys couldn't be straight with you if they tried. Pedro is in way over his head. Fire his ass with the rest of them.

I’m sure he’s trying to save his job. 100 losses seems like a guaranteed firing.

 

Probably not for the Sox, but any other organization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

I’m sure he’s trying to save his job. 100 losses seems like a guaranteed firing.

 

Probably not for the Sox, but any other organization.

It’s so funny, cuz getting to 100 loses because you were playing a bunch of developing young bucks to help gauge things down the road is a 1000000x better managerial move than playing vets that have no future on the team.

And yeah, I know I’m stating the obvious/preaching to the choir/etc. It’s just too bananas and backwards of a concept to let it continue silently bouncing around in my own head.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I would have created one but don’t watch Clevinger games. Entering Opening Day Norridge Caputo’s on Harlem and Montrose.

Shopped at their OG location on Wrightwood & Harlem since the 1980s.
 

F5-B8-BC4-B-1-E83-4-F5-F-8266-729-CCE9-A

 

I go to the one by me for certain things. I think their fruits and veggies are the best of all the grocery stores near me. Also good for certain meats. LOL!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Texsox said:

JR addressing team owners on how to make money with a team. "the next couple of years we expect to lose 90 to 100 games while we play guys that would be developing in AAA in a quality organization. We're paying AAA salaries and receiving MLB revenue. Best of all, our hardcore fans demand and support it! Don't worry, there's something in this for the rest of baseball. If any of the crap we drafted and rush through miraculously turn out to be players, we'll trade them to you instead of paying big contracts and just start the process over again. Leave Chicago? With these suckers? Hahaha"

f*** this organization and a hundred year tradition of delivering crap. 

 

I couldn't have said it any better about the biggest loser owner in baseball. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Texsox said:

He's not really wrong. How many times are we going to be lied to and keep going back?

Can't really find a pro baseball team to permanently change to quite yet.

 

College sports are even more ridiculous.

It's going to be a tough transition because I'm not going to recognize the Big 10 any longer as an alum and Oklahoma's losing so many traditional rivalries (except UT)...like no more Oklahoma/Oklahoma State.  I think the Iowa legislature's been fighting back and forth to keep Iowa/Iowa State as a permanent part of the football schedule, for example.

Can't imagine being a "non-revenue sport" family member and having to go from Seattle or Eugene, Oregon all the way to Rutgers or College Park, MD for road conference games.

That's insane...if you look at all the time spent on travel expenses and time away from the classroom.   Not like softball or golf teams (even OU) is going anywhere on chartered planes, they're almost all flying economy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think you’ll see most managers admit that they’re doing anything but trying to win games.  The same with an NFL HC playing the 3rd string QB, sitting its best wideout, and playing a back-up OL after the GM trades the teams’ best guys, but you know what their actual stance is.

Grifol’s future is likely tied into what happens with KW and Hahn. I can’t see a good GM coming in if that person has really no control.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Can't really find a pro baseball team to permanently change to quite yet.

 

College sports are even more ridiculous.

It's going to be a tough transition because I'm not going to recognize the Big 10 any longer as an alum and Oklahoma's losing so many traditional rivalries (except UT)...like no more Oklahoma/Oklahoma State.  I think the Iowa legislature's been fighting back and forth to keep Iowa/Iowa State as a permanent part of the football schedule, for example.

Can't imagine being a "non-revenue sport" family member and having to go from Seattle or Eugene, Oregon all the way to Rutgers or College Park, MD for road conference games.

That's insane...if you look at all the time spent on travel expenses and time away from the classroom.   Not like softball or golf teams (even OU) is going anywhere on chartered planes, they're almost all flying economy.

Some sports like golf don't play a traditional conference/non conference schedule. Gymnastics, tennis, etc play tournaments which are everywhere. But your point is right on. 

I've lost interest in the semi pro versions of college athletics. I'm happy for the athletes and believe it's fair that they are getting paid (although not a piece of the pie they created). I also enjoy watching people play for the love of the game and am looking for opportunities to support that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2023 at 7:47 PM, Sleepy Harold said:

Someone should tell Pedro his team is 23 games under .500, wins don't mean s%*# at this point in the season pal.

Wins mean something when you're Pedro Grifol, praying this first season doesn't result in 100 losses and assuring he'll never manage another MLB team in his life. 

This is just a matter of self-preservation.  And the funny thing is, it's not going to matter.  No one will hire him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...