"Sell the Team Jerry" Game August 24th

palehose1

We are playing the A's on Thursday night and I saw some chatter on Twitter that fans are going to wear all black (like the blackout game) and supposedly organize some "Sell the team Jerry" chants. It doesn't seem to have a lot of momentum.

Would it draw more attention to the  plight of the Sox fan? Maybe a little.

Will it change anything? Probably not.

But I would support it out of frustration / anger.

• Like 1

SelltheTeamJR

@SelltheTeamJR
There will be a Reverse Boycott night at Guaranteed Rate Field on Thursday, August 24th against the Oakland Athletics! Lets treat this like a Blackout Night and show the FO that the fans are fed up! We want change at the TOP.

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

Maybe it would have more momentum if "Sell the team Jerry" had less syllables to chant.

"Engage in a transaction that will remove the Chicago White Sox, formerly known as the St. Paul Saints, from your ownership Mr. Jerry Michael Reinsdorf."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

A's fans are making this happen all by themselves, white sox fans aren't engaging too much unfortunately. 

I'm guessing what Sox fans remain are so traumatized and frustrated that they are just trying to put this season and the recent ones out of their minds as much as possible.  

On 8/18/2023 at 11:49 AM, palehose1 said:

We are playing the A's on Thursday night and I saw some chatter on Twitter that fans are going to wear all black (like the blackout game) and supposedly organize some "Sell the team Jerry" chants. It doesn't seem to have a lot of momentum.

Would it draw more attention to the  plight of the Sox fan? Maybe a little.

Will it change anything? Probably not.

But I would support it out of frustration / anger.

More impactful for ticket buyers to do it from the parking lot instead of the seats.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reiks12 said:

A's fans are making this happen all by themselves, white sox fans aren't engaging too much unfortunately. 

The real potential threat of losing a team after decades of small market success and moxie tends to have that effect on the psyche of a fanbase.

Remember when they threatened to contract the Twins in the early 2000s?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The real potential threat of losing a team after decades of small market success and moxie tends to have that effect on the psyche of a fanbase.

Remember when they threatened to contract the Twins in the early 2000s?

Yeah there's a big difference between having a bottom tier owner in North American sports and having the actual worst owner.

Reinsdorf threatened to move the team, got his deal and has stayed put.

The A's routinely self off their star players cause Brad Pitt played their GM in a movie, then blame fans for not showing up, threaten to move, get a good deal from the city, and tell them to f*** off anyway.

• Thanks 1

I think there needs to be two or three Jerry sell the team games each week to get his attention. :ninja:

I want him to sell the team just to shake things up. I know it will continue to be the same old franchise, with the same results. Not at least it will be someone new to complain about. 

5 hours ago, Quin said:

Yeah there's a big difference between having a bottom tier owner in North American sports and having the actual worst owner.

Reinsdorf threatened to move the team, got his deal and has stayed put.

The A's routinely self off their star players cause Brad Pitt played their GM in a movie, then blame fans for not showing up, threaten to move, get a good deal from the city, and tell them to f*** off anyway.

The A’s have 3 division titles and 6 playoff appearances since 2012 so whatever they’re doing is better than us. 

• Thanks 1

I think this night is a bad idea. Negative karma. I will say this though. I've been thinking about it. The record of the team might not be quite as bad as some Sox teams but I truly think this is the worst "team" in Sox history.

There are no pitching highlights and it's not all the Sox fault. You can't go more than 6 innings nowadays which mean Sox starters are all blah. Who cares? Relievers on the team all pretty much reek.

Moncada is a pretty good fielder, nobody else except maybe Robert. Hitting? It's Robert and nobody else. Team intangibles? None. The guys don't seem to care or play with any passion.

That adds up to a very very unlikeable team. I'll stand by my statement. Personally it's the worst team in Sox history. For hyperbole sake I guess I'll say it's one of the 3 worst teams in Chicago White Sox history. Congrats Jerry.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Texsox said:

I think there needs to be two or three Jerry sell the team games each week to get his attention. :ninja:

I want him to sell the team just to shake things up. I know it will continue to be the same old franchise, with the same results. Not at least it will be someone new to complain about. 

Can the White Sox go to Arlington Heights?

So the idea is for people to fill the stadium to tell Jerry to sell the team. For some reason, I don’t think that is going to work. He will be laughing at people giving him money to tell him to sell the team. I’m pretty sure he already knows most White Sox fans wish he sold yesterday. It isn’t going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1