KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

For what it's worth just got this from my source who had dinner with JR and everyone last Wednesday. I mentioned that if either Haber or Getz were named the permanent G.M. nothing would really change.

I am VERY encouraged by this comment:

"Based I what I heard him (JR) say at dinner last week I would be shocked if either one (Haber or Getz) remains let alone get that job. My understanding is they are both part of the problem." 

As someone said earlier, you have to keep people there to  answer the phone for a little bit .   LOL 

25 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Side note: I really hope Kenny Williams gets another chance to lead another MLB club. I’m following him wherever he goes. 

At least Kenny was never complacent with losing and was never shy about shaking things up when he felt the players weren't performing up to his expectations.  Trade deadlines and offseasons were always much more interesting under KW than after Hahn took over.

• Like 1

Just now, sin city sox fan said:

I hope you are right about Pedro but Nightengale is reporting otherwise and i doubt JR wants to pay for 2 years of him golfing.

Reminds me so much of the managerial search after Ricky got fired…and soon after, he dropped the Tony bomb

• TLR 1

Please don’t go internal. Hire somebody from the Braves or Rays and overhaul this thing. There’s no band aid big enough to fix this organization in the short term, bring someone in that can build a minor league system and identify talent.

If it’s not Getz I’m curious what ancient dinosaur Jerry can dig up to do the job. I don’t have high hopes for liking the hire

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Please don’t go internal. Hire somebody from the Braves or Rays and overhaul this thing. There’s no band aid big enough to fix this organization in the short term, bring someone in that can build a minor league system and identify talent.

If it’s not Getz I’m curious what ancient dinosaur Jerry can dig up to do the job. I don’t have high hopes for liking the hire

Dan Evans

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I really don’t see how they possibly can go internal. The guy on channel 2 said they will have this singular position filled by the end of the season.