After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

Just now, Timmy U said:

Well, now we know they’re trading Ramos, Cannon, and Mogollon for Salvation Perez.

Guys, acquiring perez is probably going to be the best thing they do. I want you to prepare for that statement.

20 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Jerry has reason to believe the future is bright for his Chicago White Sox. If Jerry hires all three, who is the one voice / decision maker?

Would bet Jerry listens to Tony, just as he did when Tony told Jerry to fire Kenny and Rick.

Do we believe in Omar Vizquel & Wes Helms as managers and people? Perhaps Dayton Moore does.

Chris Getz built this

• Charlotte Knights 43-78
  • "Project" Birmingham 40-70

HOFer - Jerry's Dog Whisperer

F4DbQ9KW4AAVyXK?format=webp&name=small

What a joke of an organization and ownership group! Go ahead and leave town! I don't care and I have been a fan since those 1959 White Sox!

• Fire 3

10 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I already said this but 100% this is just denying he was given any sort of new title...because he already was a consultant on the sox. He moved into the FO this offseason, we already knew that in spring training.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-white-sox-draft-haugh-spt-0612-20170611-story.html

Now we have Nick Hostetler, Dayton Moore and Buddy Bell tied together lol.

https://theathletic.com/40094/2017/02/23/new-rising-star-in-white-sox-front-office-is-a-familiar-face/

“Getzy’s special,” Royals general manager Dayton Moore said. “He has an unbelievable ceiling as an executive in this game.”

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I already said this but 100% this is just denying he was given any sort of new title...because he already was a consultant on the sox. He moved into the FO this offseason, we already knew that in spring training.

Does Dayton Moore have any connection to LaRussa? 

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Give someone a shot for a good organization.

It is just mind boggling that this is so hard to figure out.  Why not hire someone from a good organization that has witnessed how it is done?  Instead hire someone internally who has witnessed exactly how not to do it and had a hand in it.  Then if they dare to look outside of the organization they look for people from the Kansas City f'in Royals?  You are one of the worst handful of teams in baseball and so if you look outside you look to one of the few that are possibly worse? You can't make this stuff up.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Does Dayton Moore have any connection to LaRussa? 

Yea, TLR is a fan.  They brought it up on the score, he mentioned playing against the Royals and TLR said something to the effect of “Moore is one of the finest men I know”

so, 😭😭

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-white-sox-draft-haugh-spt-0612-20170611-story.html

Now we have Nick Hostetler, Dayton Moore and Buddy Bell tied together lol.

https://theathletic.com/40094/2017/02/23/new-rising-star-in-white-sox-front-office-is-a-familiar-face/

“Getzy’s special,” Royals general manager Dayton Moore said. “He has an unbelievable ceiling as an executive in this game.”

I'd rather purchase a GM off Etsy than get Getzy.

• Like 1

What's hilarious/insanely depressing about all of this is if you asked Sox fans what is the absolute WORST case scenario that could happen after Rick/Kenny were let go.....Having Tony LaRussa help Jerry settle on Chris Getz/Dayton Moore would probably be No. 1 on the list. And that's exactly what they are going to do. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

This is like the end of "Succession" where Kendall tries to throw himself into the ocean, Roman goes back to partying, and the corrupt billionaire's empire ends up being controlled by Chris Getz.

What the hell,dude....spoiler alert next time.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

What's hilarious/insanely depressing about all of this is if you asked Sox fans what is the absolute WORST case scenario that could happen after Rick/Kenny were let go.....Having Tony LaRussa help Jerry settle on Chris Getz/Dayton Moore would probably be No. 1 on the list. And that's exactly what they are going to do. 

QFT

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Give someone a shot for a good organization.

Problem with that is...it takes two people for that to work. I believe the organization, even without Kenny/Rick, has such a bad reputation, someone from a "good" organization would rather stay put and wait for the right opportunity instead of signing up for the Jerry Reinsdorf Experience. There is too much history, with multiple professional sports organizations, that tells you the core is rotten. 

• Like 2

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP