Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion

DirtySox

The TA lovers are losing their minds on twitter. Maybe they bring him back to play 2B at a lower cost. Either way as much as anyone wants to claim he was not very good at short stop and his bat took a dip (injury related or not it doesn’t matter). Find someone who is at least good defensively at SS till you make a decision on when and where you put Montgomery when he comes up (hopefully in 2025)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

DeJong, Nicky López, Andrus. Who’s going to be the SS?

Some other piece of crap shortstop, but for much less money?

Seriously, who cares? Anderson is no good to the Sox, and the Sox are going to be dreadful no matter who is playing that spot. So might as well save money while sucking.

I’m all for it. If you’re not gonna be good, might as well be bad. And if you’re gonna be bad, might as well be historically bad. And I think we may be just that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Nobody gives a f*** about athletes baby mama drama. I can assure you of that. Flipping off opponent fans is still legitimately hilarious no matter how many times this website tries to make it a thing. Get out of the soxtalk bubble.

Purely circumstantial, but I know very few people who are fans of him.

39 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

But his attitude isn’t fine. 

Exactly. Think his attitude would get better if they declined his option and then offered him less money?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I wish him all the best at his new destination. 

I really don't GAF. I'm glad he's gone. He had some awesome moments he also contributed to one of the most embarrassing and horrific seasons we've seen on the South Side.

He'll probably have one more good year sandwiched in between a lot of 1 WAR years and injuries.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I really don't GAF. I'm glad he's gone. He had some awesome moments he also contributed to one of the most embarrassing and horrific seasons we've seen on the South Side.

He'll probably have one more good year sandwiched in between a lot of 1 WAR years and injuries.

He seems like a fine dude who has some struggles, but this is the right move.

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Just bring a positive defensive player. If you bring back TA for cheaper, move him to 2B.

Probably 0 chance of happening I realize but I'd love to explore a lower aav over 3 years with the plan to move him to 2b after a year. 27-30 million but that's likely non-starter. 

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Tim is overrated but he'd look better in a lineup with Votto and Salvy. This would be a start to respectability mabe. You've got to have some type of plan if you wanna win 50 games for starters.

I'm not usual a "clubhouse culture" guy but I don't really want TA back based on the disaster that was last season.

Felt the same way with the LaRoche crap.

• Like 2

I hope Getz and company realize they are going to lose 90-100 games next year, regardless of what JR says or dreams. So they need to be smart and not rush Montgomery.

He needs to play at least, at least a half season at Charlotte. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Nobody gives a f*** about athletes baby mama drama. I can assure you of that. Flipping off opponent fans is still legitimately hilarious no matter how many times this website tries to make it a thing. Get out of the soxtalk bubble.

When his off the field antics cause him problems ON the field, when his antics with umpires and fans lead to suspensions, which means he isn't playing... I can assure you fans DO give a damn. Plus it's an embarrassment to an organization that does plenty on their own to embarrass themselves. They don't need any help.

Bottom line, the guy appears to be part of the clubhouse cancer issue and like I was told by a source for my story on the state of the Sox last November:

"Anderson needs to go because the organization gave him the keys to the car and he drove it off the cliff. And he’s getting up in years." 

I don't care if he hits .335 with 25 home runs next year with the Braves or Marlins or Brewers, he wasn't going to impact the disaster that is going to be the 2024 season. He needed to go. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Everyone's personal feelings aside, TA had national commercials and MLB kept running his baseball zen ad (the field of dreams moment) all the time.

He was obviously marketable.

Also shushing the Yankees crowd is all-time hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Exactly. Think his attitude would get better if they declined his option and then offered him less money?

I don’t know how much is injuries vs attitude vs the White Sox coaches telling him to hit the ball on the ground, but he is literally watching $100 million plus evaporate with his performance the last 2 seasons. If that were me, I’d certainly try to refocus myself and change things up with those results.

• Like 2

• Quin changed the title to Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion
  • Quin locked this topic