Benetti to Tigers

BBaum21

17 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just heard from a source who said Benetti spoke with them yesterday to let them know he was leaving.

Source said he left because of Brooks Boyer.

Brooks Boyer, another yes man for JR.  He's managed to live off his luck of working for the Bulls when they didn't need marketing.  He's had 1 good marketing campaign in his entire run with the Sox and he hired a company to do that.  I look forward to the day the team is sold and all these clowns lose their jobs.  

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

But when Einhorn & Reinsdorf first bought the franchise Einhorn promised it would be a class organization!  :lol:

It’s been for 42 years anything but a class organization, neither JR or the late EE have no idea what the word class means.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I honestly even liked Farmer. I can't believe they never made a bigger thing for Farmer after COVID ended. Maybe they did and I missed it.

I even tear up a bit driving by St. Rita.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Farmer.  He called me after I sent him a fan letter as a young child.  I can still remember the look on my dad’s face when he answered the phone.  I still can’t forgive Al Cowens to this day.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

AJ way too honest/blunt.

JR would never stand for it.

Pods' name hasn't been added to this.

Terrible team, direction of franchise and future in Chicago threatened, just at a total loss...remember when this year was once in the middle of the championship window?

Unparalleled financial freedom to spend?  No target in free agency too big?

We went from mired in mediocrity to #30 and hopeless in even the very worst division in baseball for the better part of the upcoming decade.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse or more embarrassing to be a Sox fan.

Not even our first round draft pick wanted to be here...Growing up in Iowa, Chicago used to be a great city, the most comfortable and exhilarating one in the entire world to visit in the summers.

• Like 2

Jason did a nice job, but frankly I didn't miss he and Stoney when I stopped watching games after the all star break. Good luck to him. I bet you the Sox bring in somebody Stone will hate, some plastic Wink Martindale voice guy who is a total homer. Hopefully Stoney drives the new guy crazy by continuing to be critical of the pathetic product Jerry puts on the field. It has to be depressing working for the Sox right now as they appear to be mismanaged. The Sox are probably happy to get rid of Jason since he has many other things going on, not just sox baseball.

11 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Thank goodness JB is gone.  I can start listening to games again.   Terrible broadcaster (for all sports) imo

They need to bring in AJ if they can 

AJ would be ten times better but I think he is an analyst. Douchebag Gourd can go play in traffic. Last straw for JB was when they held that blow-up doll night in his name. 

4 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Everyone can be happy now when they have some wanker in the booth who's dead ass serious as the team loses 105 games!

Wanker is a great word. When I think of wanker I think of a Steve Physioc who had such an awful nasal plastic announcers voice for the Royals many years. Give me the rare conversational voice like Hawk or Harry or even the Royals Denny Matthews. The game show host voice can be really annoying/maddening. My guess is the Sox go with a wanker even tho that's not been their history.

9 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I have a soft spot in my heart for Farmer.  He called me after I sent him a fan letter as a young child.  I can still remember the look on my dad’s face when he answered the phone.  I still can’t forgive Al Cowens to this day.

This is so great.

• Like 2

I turn on the Score and immediately hear Holmes saying he won’t go to any Sox games next year now and Parkins say “Benetti is a better broadcaster than Robert is a CF”.  The Robert one is possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Quin said:

I mean, I left working at place I would have considered a dream workplace for me because of contract bullshit, so, yes, yes you do?

Agreed. Sometimes your dreams are far removed from reality.

Does it surprise anyone that the White Sox screwed this up, too? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

That's nice. I too had an encounter with Farmio, and he was really a sweet guy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Fans don’t care, that’s the problem. Looking at the attendance decline last year, it’s not a surprise to me they’re trying to save money any way they can. 

wrong take....fans do care which is why attendance declined.  I for one didn't renew last year because of the direction this club was headed and thankfully I made the right decision.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Cubs were more of a clownshow until they got new ownership. 

We need to hope for the same and hopefully the Sox remain in Chicago. 

I really think we underestimate the damage that Jerry has done to the Sox over the last decade.

The Sox leaving Chicago under new ownership is a real threat. 

At this point if these Sox leave Chicago, I don't really care anymore! 

• Fire 1

Occam's razor to me at least suggests the Sox were unhappy with jason's nationa obligations and used that as a pretext to underpay him relative to what the Tigers will.

Just seems like example one billion and two of the Sox being cheap on stuff they shouldn't be cheap on as it is important to the fan experience and really compared to other expenses is a drop in the bucket.

I don't like Jason, but I'm in a minority on that and this move will no doubt lower the fan experience for many.

Literally one of the only things the sox had going for them was their tv broadcast team. I don't see steve stone hanging around to much longer. While i understand Jason may not have been everyones cup of tea, i am almost positive everyone will change their mind once he is replaced.

i used to Email Brooks boyer about the sox a lot, I have completely stopped doing that cause he is also a waste of my time, while i appreciate how he would respond to my emails and i know he didnt have to. He goes in circles with his answers and is a puppet. I wish steve stone could get him in the booth one day and ask him about all these things. Of course he never would.

Other than luis robert i dont see much at all to look forward to this season. While i would almost always have the game on so i could hear benetti and stone, i honestly do see any reason to give who ever they hire any of my time until the team is better.

9 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

wrong take....fans do care which is why attendance declined.  I for one didn't renew last year because of the direction this club was headed and thankfully I made the right decision.

I meant they don’t care anymore, as the Sox have done everything they can to alienate the fan base.

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

I turn on the Score and immediately hear Holmes saying he won’t go to any Sox games next year now and Parkins say “Benetti is a better broadcaster than Robert is a CF”.  The Robert one is possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

what.gif