Benetti to Tigers

BBaum21

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How so?  They clearly didn’t let him go to appease the fanbase.

It's appeasing to me lol.  I know I am in the very small minority but couldn't stand listening to the clown.  As much as I like listening to Stone I would mute it when watching the games.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I don't feel like going through the entire thread so idk if this has been mentioned already, but I wonder if AJ Pierzynski would be interested in the job. I enjoyed listening to him on Fox and I like his podcast. Obvious ties to the org and fans would be immediately interested. I like Jason but I would like AJ more. Just not sure if he wants that kind of commitment.

EDIT: just saw AJ's latest episode on Getz's gm mtgs comments. Nevermind, it aint happening lol.

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I understand both sides when it comes Jason, but hopefully we can all agree this is yet another embarrassment for the Sox.

Reddit is what it is but fans of other teams say they'd tune into Sox baseball specifically for Jason. Plenty of haters around here but it's a loss no matter how you slice it.

By the way who can hate Sox math? It literally is during commercial time and for the kids. What a weird reason to dislike Jason. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Southwest Sider said:

Reddit is what it is but fans of other teams say they'd tune into Sox baseball specifically for Jason. Plenty of haters around here but it's a loss no matter how you slice it.

By the way who can hate Sox math? It literally is during commercial time and for the kids. What a weird reason to dislike Jason. 

Exactly.  I have no problem if people don’t like Jason and are excited for change, but the Sox don’t deserve credit here.  Jason is a star in the sports announcing community and grew up a fan of the franchise.  There is definitely a group of fans that don’t like his style, but generally speaking he is well liked by the broader fanbase.  To lose him after a 100 loss season is simply embarrassing and to an equally pathetic franchise in the same s%*# division no less.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Southwest Sider said:

Hard disagree on your last sentence. The real world tends to slap childhood dreams in the face. That's probably what happened here. At the end of the day broadcasting any team is a dream job and if another employer is more serious then I gotta go where I feel appreciated ( and probably paid more!)

Which is my exact point, it wasn't his dream. 

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I don't feel like going through the entire thread so idk if this has been mentioned already, but I wonder if AJ Pierzynski would be interested in the job. I enjoyed listening to him on Fox and I like his podcast. Obvious ties to the org and fans would be immediately interested. I like Jason but I would like AJ more. Just not sure if he wants that kind of commitment.

EDIT: just saw AJ's latest episode on Getz's gm mtgs comments. Nevermind, it aint happening lol.

You have to love how they rip on Grifol for being a fake kiss ass. That guy is the worst. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

AJ is an analyst he's not a play by play person. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quin said:

After Buehrle's perfect, the Field of Dreams game is the best moment of the past 18 years with this team.

DJ's emotional "light it up" made it perfect.

My favorite sound when I turn on AM 1000s game is the intense sound of Len’s voice saying “White Sox win!!!” Reminds me of the great radio calls from the 2005 season and playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, Quin said:

After Buehrle's perfect, the Field of Dreams game is the best moment of the past 18 years with this team.

DJ's emotional "light it up" made it perfect.

Respectfully, wrong.

Thome's HR and Griffey's catch in the same game against Minnesota in the black out game were better.

Also Alexi's HR against Detroit to get them to the Minnesota game.

8 hours ago, fathom said:

I turn on the Score and immediately hear Holmes saying he won’t go to any Sox games next year now and Parkins say “Benetti is a better broadcaster than Robert is a CF”.  The Robert one is possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

That was a lazy comparison by Parkins. Why pick on Robert, our only good player? He coulda said Benetti is better broadcaster than Timmy is a SS or Vaughn is a 1Bman, etc. Robert like I said is the only good above average player on the team.

3 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

You think they’d let AJ do national games after throwing a hissy fit about Benetti doing them?

8 hours ago, fathom said:

I turn on the Score and immediately hear Holmes saying he won’t go to any Sox games next year now and Parkins say “Benetti is a better broadcaster than Robert is a CF”.  The Robert one is possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

I heard him and he’s correct. Jason Benetti is better at his job than anyone else currently employed by the White Sox. Benetti will do final fours and super bowls etc. He’s one of the best at his job in the country and he wanted to broadcast White Sox games. Jerry didn’t pony up and he’s never liked his style anyway. He’s a short-sighted old f*** though and he can’t be gone soon enough. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2

Home run calls arent the only thing that makes a broadcaster. Yeah.. we all grew up on Hawks HR calls but there is so much more to the job. HR Calls are a small part of the equation. The larger baseball community very much loves Benetti and people who dont like Jason are frankly in the minority. 

This  is a huge L and further indication the Sox are an awfully run org and dont give a f*** about you.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I heard him and he’s correct. Jason Benetti is better at his job than anyone else currently employed by the White Sox. Benetti will do final fours and super bowls etc. He’s one of the best at his job in the country and he wanted to broadcast White Sox games. Jerry didn’t pony up and he’s never liked his style anyway. He’s a short-sighted old f*** though and he can’t be gone soon enough. 

preach brother. Wont be long before jason does super bowls or at least conference games. f*** the white Sox.