Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Most of these propsals seem soooo light to me.

Also seems light to me as well 

Sox do not need to rush this process. While I think it is likely a club finally meets the high asking price and they deal him, the Sox also are not forced to accept a subpar offer. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

Sox do not need to rush this process. While I think it is likely a club finally meets the high asking price and they deal him, the Sox also are not forced to accept a subpar offer. 

Yeah if we are only getting one top 100 prospect and then some other guys, I would just risk holding him till the deadline.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Me too look at what Q went for and other pitchers. I don't expect a couple of top 100 prospects I expect one top 15 prospect and one fringy top 50 prospect.

Heck Giolito and Lopez went for two top 100 prospects and they are certainly not as good nor had any control (less than half a season). I expect if a team doesn't pony up now they'll do so at the deadline everyone needs starting pitching.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fielder Jones said:

Robert Murray on baseball insiders says he doesnt buy the Atlanta thing, because Alex A. looks to trade for guys he can extend-- not the Boras-typical play.

He buys LAD more since the orgs know each other well.

Also mentioned Giolito-to-LAD for multiyear is something he can see happening

Lots of Giolito to Dodgers smoke

3 minutes ago, zisk said:

if i were him that's where i'd go

Yep get like a 4/70 with an opt out after 1 year to see if they can fix him and then go get paid. If not, he has some good financial security. 

He deserves to be paid and to pitch for a great organization and I truly wish him all the best in his career and life. 

It was an honor to watch him play for us. 

4 minutes ago, Pal said:

I've been under the impression something has been close for almost a week. Pretty obvious at this point its Cease bouncing. 

If they are close to a deal even before most FA SPers sign and before Winter Meetings it would stand to reason its a pretty strong offer if someone wants to finish it early. That would be a really good sign for us

Any thoughts as to whether it will be position prospect heavy or SP prospect heavy?

21 minutes ago, Pal said:

I've been under the impression something has been close for almost a week. Pretty obvious at this point its Cease bouncing. 

Dodgers seem to make a ton of sense then given this comment.  They were rumored in a few weeks ago, then today a Braves report.  Which sounds like a leak since it makes no sense since they couldn't pull it off.. Who has been their biggest NL threat?  Dodgers. Maybe trying to push the Dodgers over?

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Dodgers seem to make a ton of sense then given this comment.  They were rumored in a few weeks ago, then today a Braves report.  Which sounds like a leak since it makes no sense since they couldn't pull it off.. Who has been their biggest NL threat?  Dodgers. Maybe trying to push the Dodgers over?

This makes sense. CWS trying to push it over the top and I agree thr Braves thing would best spook the Dodgers.

I'm assuming one SP prospect and one big bat as the Top 100 pieces. 

But the Dodgers do not truly have any super high end guys. All their pitchers have some meaningful flaw and both top bats have legit risk at ending up at 1B. 

Maybe that's why there's an impasse. It's a deep system but no elite monsters so maybe we want a 3rd top 100 and LAD resisting? 

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This makes sense. CWS trying to push it over the top and I agree thr Braves thing would best spook the Dodgers.

I'm assuming one SP prospect and one big bat as the Top 100 pieces. 

But the Dodgers do not truly have any super high end guys. All their pitchers have some meaningful flaw and both top bats have legit risk at ending up at 1B. 

Maybe that's why there's an impasse. It's a deep system but no elite monsters so maybe we want a 3rd top 100 and LAD resisting? 

Agreed. I don't love them as a Cease trade partner for your reasons listed.  If you could get a 3rd guy, maybe that pushes them over.  But their 1 & 2 should be able to be beaten by many others.

I would imagine Getz would like to have this deal made in advance of the winter meetings - as it kind of signals the start of what else might come, whether other retooling efforts and/or fully opening up more parts for potential sales.  Maybe it is than at Winter Meetings where someone blows the Sox "socks" off for say a Robert.  

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Agreed. I don't love them as a Cease trade partner for your reasons listed.  If you could get a 3rd guy, maybe that pushes them over.  But their 1 & 2 should be able to be beaten by many others.

Yeah....I'd consider 2 top 100s from them if they also throw in a couple guys in their 10-15 range because those guys could be close to top 100 in their own right fairly soon. 

I like that LHH 2B (Vivas) who kills RHH and will stick at the position. If they aren't going with Busch in the top 100 guys, that kid would be a good third piece. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic