Nike Fanatics Jerseys

DirtySox

Surprised we haven't seen a thread yet on this. The new Nike Fanatics jerseys look dreadful if you haven't seem them yet. Lots of player complaints on the quality, look, and fit of these.

https://theathletic.com/5276715/2024/02/15/nike-mlb-fanatics-jersey-issues/

“So far, thumbs down.”

At his locker, Angels reliever Carlos Estévez was in a tizzy over the new threads. He pulled out a couple tops and pairs of pants to show that the shades didn’t match. He laughed at the spacing and shrunken nature of the lettering on the back of the jersey. And he bemoaned the fact he can’t customize his pants to his preference, the way pitchers once could, tailoring the fit to their big dumpers and tree-trunk thighs.

“When I wear my pants, I feel like I’m wearing someone else’s pants,” Estévez said.

“I could see Estévez (flexing),” Ward said, “and it just ripping in the back.”

Edited by DirtySox
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I hope it's just a spring uni problem, because these look like straight up trash.

It is unclear whether these uniforms will differ from those worn in the regular season per the linked article below.

The MLBPA is trying to rectify this s%*#, and of course the owners are trying to spin it, as they have for years when they kept fucking around with the baseballs. And now they have a $450 jersey that looks like a $29.99 WalMart model.

“When I wear my pants, I feel like I’m wearing someone else’s pants,” Estévez said. “I could see Estévez (flexing),” Ward said, “and it just ripping in the back.”

Before last year, according to multiple pitchers, they had several measurements taken for their pants, which then were tailored. Nike has since simplified the fitting process, and tailoring is not on the table. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It is unclear whether these uniforms will differ from those worn in the regular season per the linked article below.

The MLBPA is trying to rectify this s%*#, and of course the owners are trying to spin it, as they have for years when they kept fucking around with the baseballs. And now they have a $450 jersey that looks like a $29.99 WalMart model.

Chris Sale is REALLY going to lose it over this…those don’t even look like decent Chinese textile factory productions.

More like Bangladesh or Vietnam.

You get what you pay for…

This seems like a microcosm of society.  Some team of folks put these together and thought they looked good.  I don't think it was the goal to save money it was just people being really bad at their job.  Whether it was Nike or MLB that helped design, they did not know their market.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

This seems like a microcosm of society.  Some team of folks put these together and thought they looked good.  I don't think it was the goal to save money it was just people being really bad at their job.  Whether it was Nike or MLB that helped design, they did not know their market.

It was both.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

They're a business.  It's ALWAYS about money.  Nike didn't really move away from leather footwear because of innovation.  It's always about money.

Majestic Athletic had a factory in PA.  Then, it seems Nike was just slapping a swoosh on Majestic Athletic jerseys.  Now that Nike is finally manufacturing their own, this is the quality we will get.  I really wonder what Under Armour would have done.  And I dread the day New Era is pushed out.

• Like 1

speed & money grab, alter fabrics and cuts to increase profit, then the design has to be shoehorned into the "new" template which makes it look horrible and laughably small. Like I am pretty sure applying the MLB batter and the Name/Number to the back took two separate "handlings" but now with the batter below the piping it looks like it can all be done at once, thus increasing production speed. Looks QC as far as color matching has gone out the window as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

They're a business.  It's ALWAYS about money.  Nike didn't really move away from leather footwear because of innovation.  It's always about money.

Majestic Athletic had a factory in PA.  Then, it seems Nike was just slapping a swoosh on Majestic Athletic jerseys.  Now that Nike is finally manufacturing their own, this is the quality we will get.  I really wonder what Under Armour would have done.  And I dread the day New Era is pushed out.

I worked for Majestic from 1998-2003 the quality of the jerseys was always on-point. It was located originally in the Slate Belt area which had a history of blouse mills, so many residents worked in those mills as sewers and eventually transitioned to the Majestic facility to work on MLB apparel, starting with the original BP jerseys.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Fanatics is just a terrible, terrible company. 

I bought a pair of Sox "lounge/PJ" pants from them like 5 years ago, color and font were totally different than the picture on their site, quality was awful. 

Can't wait to see how they ruin NHL jerseys next year

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I hope it's just a spring uni problem, because these look like straight up trash.

It's all year. I posted something about this a couple of months ago. Numbers and names are smaller. Teams with pipping in the front, the pipping will be much tighter. But if you want a jersey, they will have plenty of old ones discounted.

17 hours ago, Tony said:

I bought a pair of Sox "lounge/PJ" pants from them like 5 years ago, color and font were totally different than the picture on their site, quality was awful. 

They’re the worst. Terrible quality and taking over the sports apparel landscape. 

18 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

These remind me of the $35 dollar jerseys that I used to buy from China.

I'd actually argue my $35 circa 2006 Chinese Joe Crede jersey actually looks better than these!

My favorite is going to Blackhawks games and looking at everyone's bootleg jerseys, Black Hawk should be looking straight forward, he's often gazing upwards or looking down on the knockoffs. 

20 hours ago, Tony said:

In this case, Fanatics is making what Nike templated out and ordered. Nike is who made the choice to move off of the prior Majestic template that was still in use. 

NHL game jerseys are going to be continued to produced by SP Apparel in Quebec, and they won't be altering the cuts until 2026-27, so we've got a little time. 

42 minutes ago, soxfan18 said:

In this case, Fanatics is making what Nike templated out and ordered. Nike is who made the choice to move off of the prior Majestic template that was still in use. 

NHL game jerseys are going to be continued to produced by SP Apparel in Quebec, and they won't be altering the cuts until 2026-27, so we've got a little time. 

Fanatics plays a role for sure.  They're monopolizing sports apparel and have more than enough power to have some sort of say. 

3 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Fanatics plays a role for sure.  They're monopolizing sports apparel and have more than enough power to have some sort of say. 

I'm just going off what I've seen reported. Fanatics didn't adjust the prior Majestic versions because they weren't ordered to.