2024 White Sox Opening Day thread 3/28 3:10 first pitch vs Detroit

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why do people hate Sox Math?  I get the jingle as it was legit cringe, but not sure how Sox Math actually impacts anyone who has no interest in partaking.

The videos all the people did were unbearable. At least they dropped the videos last year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why do people hate Sox Math?  I get the jingle as it was legit cringe, but not sure how Sox Math actually impacts anyone who has no interest in partaking.

Math hurt brain

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

The videos all the people did were unbearable. At least they dropped the videos last year.

You mean when they won?  Yeah, maybe some of those were annoying, but you don’t need to get rid of Sox Math altogether as a result.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don't get why most of the things that bothered some people about Jason did, but that could just be me too.

• Like 4

This series is going one of 2 ways imo...they sweep Detroit, their pitching looks great and we all collectively go, wtf? or they get swept, have horrible fundamentals that lose basically each game and Grifol bumbles like the idiot he is and we all can write off the team before people even sit in their seats. I am hoping for the former...but the latter gets Pedro fired mid-season and maybe just maybe Jerry will sell before he dies. 

14 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

This series is going one of 2 ways imo...they sweep Detroit, their pitching looks great and we all collectively go, wtf? or they get swept, have horrible fundamentals that lose basically each game and Grifol bumbles like the idiot he is and we all can write off the team before people even sit in their seats. I am hoping for the former...but the latter gets Pedro fired mid-season and maybe just maybe Jerry will sell before he dies. 

I mean, I'm convinced that 2022's harbinger of doom was Giolito cruising...then getting hurt.

Then bullpen holds steady until Bummer loads the bases. Liam comes in and can't get the out.

Oh hey, Vaughn launches a homer! Victory is in sight.

Liam gives up the lead again, but they get out of it...until Baez points out that Pollock let the ball bounced out of his glove, hit the wall and then back into his glove.

• Like 2

They are who we thought they were, 2 runs on 3-4 hits and 10+ K's from our batters.

Crochet 3 IP max, doesn't look great. Bullpen throws 6+ meh innings. White Sox lose, ill go 6-2.

• Like 2

Sheets and Benintendi were on State and Lake handing out free hot dogs at 10AM.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2024/03/27/free-hot-dogs-fans-white-sox-players-surprise-opening-day-baseball-2024

C0912-CB3-9-CAE-4-FF4-83-F7-0-BE652-CC54

“Who doesn’t want a hot dog at 10 a.m.?” Sheets asked reporters Wednesday.

All the free CPS tickets for the weekend and Monday have been claimed. Need to keep up these promotions especially geared toward kids and families to try to reclaim the next generation of city baseball fans.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I find it hilarious that Merk felt the need to tweet this.

Like, "guys, don't worry. They won't forget to do it before Opening Day."

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

I find it hilarious that Merk felt the need to tweet this.

Like, "guys, don't worry. They won't forget to do it before Opening Day."

I mean, someone in the org needs to be the adult in the room.