3/31 GT - Sox vs. Tigers (1:10pm)

We really suck this year AGAIN. 101 losses last year will look like a great season. Now Atlanta next? They will not get a dime from me this year. As lomas they won’t spend any money, I won’t 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

The first of MANU sweeps this team will experience. 

I wonder what the record is for most times being swept

• Like 1

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

We really suck this year AGAIN. 101 losses last year will look like a great season. Now Atlanta next? They will not get a dime from me this year. As lomas they won’t spend any money, I won’t 

I absolutely cannot believe people thought this team would be better than last year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

At least the Sox are predictable. They lose a lot and players get hurt a lot. Now it's a AAA team vs the Braves? I guess we see if somehow a minor league team can beat a good MLB team. Can you imagine the clubhouse right now? Three straight losses at home against Benetti's boys after the usual b.s. optimism of spring training. 0-3 is one huge LOL even though we should expect it. Even non-pathetic Sox teams struggle to win in the Cell. It'd be funny if they go 0-10 or some such thing.

Edited by greg775
  • TLR 1

15 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

Think of it as the muscle in the hip that allows your thigh to rotate. However, I have no medical background at all so don't listen to me.

I had to google it. It a group of muscles in the hip but beyond that I’m at a loss. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Just have to flush it 

And let Jerry and Getz be the skid marks that get left on the bottom of the bowl that take several flushes or a toilet brush to clean off.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I absolutely cannot believe people thought this team would be better than last year.

Spring training optimistic b.s. Worst roster I've ever seen in my Sox fandom and that's saying a lot. No hyperbole. No team strengths except defense if u believe the experts.

• TLR 1

Just now, White Sox Park said:

It seems a bit odd to me that there are so many people surprised by what this team looks like . we all knew this would happen . someday they will be good again, just not today.

I'm actually shocked they weren't blown out in any game. We knew they weren't going to score runs but they aren't giving up a ton either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Until 2024 rung in, thought Getz would bring in a few good players and flip Cease for a couple prospects and a decent AAA starter plus reliever to plug in now.

After the Maldonado and Mena calls, really lost confidence. The haul for Cease was fine, but definitely won't help 2024. Think Bannister and a few others can help players develop / adjust, but the dearth of talent seems as though 2027 could be the earliest to expect .500.

Can see Jerry nuking payroll like he did the last half decade at Comiskey Park (1986-1990), perhaps a $60M-$80M payroll per year until 2029.

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic