4/1 Braves @ White Sox, 1:10pm CT

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

32. This team can absolutely beat that.

Damn, that is a lot of shutouts.....and I 100% agree with you.

31 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just who was scouting Leone and thought he should be added to the roster?  

Leone is terrible but made the roster over Cousins.  Yet Cousins is good enough for a much better team in the Yankees?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fathom said:

He’s got the age factor and if he’s answering questions about his velocity, he’s going to skyrocket

He was sitting between 92 to 94 yesterday which is about where he usually is I believe. Though I find it funny we thought Mena's fastball was light, but then acquired Thorpe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

1-19 with RISP on the season.

Same story year after year after year. I'd rather they focus on this than the defense tbh. I'm so tired of seeing men get to 2b and 3b and then don't cross the plate. 

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Doesnt it bother Manfred that this team is considered MLB?

It doesn't seem to bother us considering the activity in the forums.

Remember they are playing "smarter" baseball.

Just now, kitekrazy said:

It doesn't seem to bother us considering the activity in the forums.

Remember they are playing "smarter" baseball.

Smarter in the sense that each loss is costing less than last year.

I'm not a Getz-hater, but there is no excuse for fielding a team like this. Of course, JR is not interested in anything else but a new stadium, so that didn't help any. Regardless, this is going to be a 100-loss team and nothing can be done about it now. Clevinger? A desperation move that doesn't address a non-existent offense. The TV team is doing all it can to sell the great food at the park. Pathetic.

• Like 1

Oh my. We weren't dumb after all. The Sox are historically as bad as we expected. Can u imagine being a pitcher and you get to face a bottom five of Sheets, Bong, Lopez, Mandy and Fletcher? Nirvana for a pitcher. I am not exaggerating or full of hyperbole. This is the worst lineup in Sox history. It just is. Then you got Beni at the top who is no hit machines. Take Eloy out and it's pretty darn bad. Oh my. Braves 9-0. Sox should be fined by the commish for fielding a team this poor. I'm dumbfounded.

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, brijames1957 said:

This is going to be an historically bad White Sox team. I can't remember seeing a team so devoid of talent. 

Maybe we can dedicate the season to only following one player on the boards. All comments only about one player. I nominate Shewmake. At least he has a cool name as they say.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Greg roasting the Sox is something I didn't realize I needed in my life.

Cheers Greg 🍻

The Sox don't realize how long time fans have thrown in the towel. Oh wait I'm sure Jerry doesn't care. He brought us ingrates one title in 2005. How ungrateful I must be in his eyes.

• Thanks 2

Last four guys in the lineup are hitting .111, .111. .000 (Maldonado) and .111

This is shaping up to be an even worse season they we thought, bordering on a complete disaster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This is shaping up to be an even worse season they we thought, bordering on a complete disaster. 

Why stop there, the leadoff hitter, the owner of the BIGGEST CONTRACT IN WHITE SOX HISTORY is currently rocking a -17 wRc+.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Completely expected.  Worst bottom half of the order in baseball.  It’s barely AAA quality.

• Like 2

Not sure if they brought it up on the Sox broadcast, but Jason Bourgeois didn’t go out to coach first base in the 8th.

The jokes write themselves. 

Edited by flavum
  • Haha 3