Grossman up, Jimenez over, Speas out

WestEddy

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Saves a call up. You can only be sent down 3 times in a year before you hit waivers. 

Isn't there an exception for being called up/sent down due to someone on the IL? I was thinking there was.

Eloy's body type is not conducive to playing baseball apparently. He can't hustle like other body types without tearing or straining something. He's got to be one of the most injured players in baseball history (not hyperbole).

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I genuinely love threads like this where the reaction from everyone is a variation of “who fucking cares”.

I don't care that's for sure. But Eloy does need a personal trainer or two. He has to take a different approach to playing sports, stretching, etc. Or just tell him to jog at all times.

• Like 2

Popeye was DFA'd too for some reason. I didn't even realize he was on the roster. He's also a good player, 22-years-old, who was cut for Mike Clevinger. A terrible decision to compound an even stupider decision. I was really trying to be 'glass half full' about this season but they're making it very hard. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I don't care that's for sure. But Eloy does need a personal trainer or two. He has to take a different approach to playing sports, stretching, etc. Or just tell him to jog at all times.

I honestly think that my body could rehab better than Eloy's at this point.

• Haha 1

Just now, nrockway said:

Popeye was DFA'd too for some reason. I didn't even realize he was on the roster. He's also a good player, 22-years-old, who was cut for Mike Clevinger. A terrible decision to compound an even stupider decision. I was really trying to be 'glass half full' about this season but they're making it very hard. 

Chris Getz's rebuild philosophy: Get older, get bolder

• Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 3

42 minutes ago, greg775 said:

They were talking about this on the post-game the day it happened. Posednik was saying how when Thome was DH he was never sitting in the dugout. Always walking around. Always stretching. You have to stay loose. Especially as a DH.

I think Eloy is a moron, doesn't realize any of this, and his injuries, at this point, are entirely on him. I never see him stretching, and with his injury history, he should have a daily hot yoga session setup. It's absurd for a professional "athlete" to have this many soft tissue injuries.

Flexibility is absolutely something you can work on, if you want to.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Saves a call up. You can only be sent down 3 times in a year before you hit waivers. 

Did they change that? I thought it used to be essentially an unlimited amount of times you could be called up/sent down in a season.

59 minutes ago, Quin said:

I honestly think that my body could rehab better than Eloy's at this point.

Has he heard of QC Kinetics? I keep hearing about that snakeoil on the radio alot lately.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Chris Getz's rebuild philosophy: Get older, get bolder

It's just baffling. Couldn't DFA one of the 30 useless relievers on this team? Maybe he's a slimeball or something, he didn't last very long in spring training, but aren't they filling his slot with a confirmed slimeball? Same as Mena, I can't understand the logic behind trading talented young players for old guys who demonstrably suck and serve no purpose. I'm no wunderkind baseball mind like Chris Getz is, but that sounds like the opposite of what a baseball team should do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

They were talking about this on the post-game the day it happened. Posednik was saying how when Thome was DH he was never sitting in the dugout. Always walking around. Always stretching. You have to stay loose. Especially as a DH.

I think Eloy is a moron, doesn't realize any of this, and his injuries, at this point, are entirely on him. I never see him stretching, and with his injury history, he should have a daily hot yoga session setup. It's absurd for a professional "athlete" to have this many soft tissue injuries.

Flexibility is absolutely something you can work on, if you want to.

I get all this and that he's a grown ass man and responsible for his own body but like, is the training staff not helping with this or what? Are they not paying extra attention to him given his history?