4/13 GT - Reds at Sox (1:10pm)

That was the most boring game I have ever seen. Offense is the worst I've ever seen. Sosa strikes out on a pitch that hits in front of the plate. Even the late 60's teams, as bad as they were, were better than this.

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

Grifol with another "you have to flush these games". This fucking guy is in sooo over his head.

"The good thing is we play again tomorrow....unfortunately the bad thing is we play again tomorrow"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Highland said:

That was the most boring game I have ever seen. Offense is the worst I've ever seen. Sosa strikes out on a pitch that hits in front of the plate. Even the late 60's teams, as bad as they were, were better than this.

Like the Cleveland announcer said, the 68 team had some fricking good players. Peters, Horlen, Wilbur Wood, Pete Ward, Luis Aparicio, Bill Melton, Ken Berry. At least those guys were actual MLB caliber.

Edited by greg775

17 minutes ago, Highland said:

Up to now the 1967 Sox had the most inept offense I’ve ever seen with our guys but that 67 team looks like World beaters compared to what we have seen so far in the first 14 games. That 67 team came so very close to winning pennant with outstanding pitching and defense and when they needed a run they would manufacture one, they were in first place more than any other AL team but blew it the last week losing 5 in a row to the A’s and Senators who were the 2 worst teams in the league.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

2 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Getz press conference with media was absolutely delusional yesterday. Guy is so over his head.

How do reporters even think of questions to ask? It's like 'what does it matter?' I guess just focus on the individual game and ask Pedro to tip his cap to the opponent and what it did on a given day.

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Up to now the 1967 Sox had the most inept offense I’ve ever seen with our guys but that 67 team looks like World beaters compared to what we have seen so far in the first 14 games. 

And just think. That team was in first in a ten-team division for a great deal of the year, and they almost went to the World Series. They found ways to win, but the lack of offense finally caught up with them. This team has no idea how to win.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I hope you at least enjoyed the open bar

I definitely drank my money’s worth, but feel bad for the kid that there was zero excitement from the offense.  I do hope Jerry and the front office realize the impact that being this bad has on convincing the next generation of baseball fans to choose the Sox.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Im disappointed that the attendance was 22000. Shame on anyone who goes to games and supports reinsdorf 

Rats. 22,000 is a huge crowd.

Is there a point of watching this OR even following this? I know someone will say "be a real fan" or some s%*# but this is atrocious. The owner either doesn't care or is a mindless jagoff. This team is a good 6-7 years from being average

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they dfa him at some point.

Always appreciate your insight BUT man are you off base here.

This is Jerry F'ing Reinsdorf we are talking about. That cheap piece of 💩 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

With a Marlins win, the Sox now have the worst record in baseball, without any benefit in the draft.

That's the luck of the White Sox in full view. 

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Ozzie blasting Grifol for not coming out of the dugout on that missed strike for Crochett. Spot on. Not only is he a terrible manager, but evidently he has no balls either.

Ozzie also questioned why Crochett was still pitching after throwing 90 pitches down 5-0.

Ozzie's right, they need to learn how to save his arm, or he'll be toast by the All-Star game and headed to surgery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Is there a point of watching this OR even following this? I know someone will say "be a real fan" or some s%*# but this is atrocious. The owner either doesn't care or is a mindless jagoff. This team is a good 6-7 years from being average

I’m a baseball fan in general so I’m still gonna watch and follow (along with watching other teams).

But also, I’m invested in seeing how bad this can get. I stopped reacting to losses some time early last year, so now I’m just kicking back and watching how things unfold. 

• Thanks 3