"It's going to take time"

This makes it even more frustrating that they didn't do a real search to rebuild this organization because they "couldn't waste a year" now they come out and finally acknowledge this thing is nowhere close and its going to be a while.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, palehose1 said:

When it was season ticket renewal time in the fall last year the communication was "we are not going through another rebuild". I was one of the suckers who renewed.

lol 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Quin said:

Someone will say it's because Getz needs time to evaluate everything, despite him being hired because he didn't need that time.

The evaluation is the easy part.  It's the getting players that don't fucking suck which will take a while./

• Like 1

“We knew that it was going to be a challenge to play consistent winning baseball. And I say winning in terms of a wins and losses standpoint,” 

oh dang, winning in terms of the standpoint where you win instead of lose. interesting strategy, will it work?

• Haha 3
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Excellent story. Wonder what JR thought of Getz's honesty in the story.

Well...except for the claim to winning the AL Central in 2020 to start the story.

Putting Zack Collins on the list of core guys.

But at least an A-/B+ effort.

The Sox are losing a lot of 9 inning games by one or two runs and losing some in extra innings. Management can either throw in the towel and tank the team for years by trading premium talent for prospects OR find a way to improve the team so that they can get over the hump and win many of those close games. I would pursue the latter course because the Sox have a few hitters who will start hitting and they have improved the depth of the pitching staff which will serve them as the season moves on. It isn't even baseball weather yet.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tray said:

The Sox are losing a lot of 9 inning games by one or two runs and losing some in extra innings. Management can either throw in the towel and tank the team for years by trading premium talent for prospects OR find a way to improve the team so that they can get over the hump and win many of those close games. I would pursue the latter course because the Sox have a few hitters who will start hitting and they have improved the depth of the pitching staff which will serve them as the season moves on. It isn't even baseball weather yet.

Buddy hate to be the bearer of bad news but you better understand that towel was thrown in last August 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, tray said:

These moves usually aren't on the table until late May or early June.

The biggest point in that poor attendance/lower revenues will be the usual justification for not taking on additional payroll.

Which means you have to rely on increasingly scant and overpriced FA classes to fill needs.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, tray said:

This season is already DOA, the best course of action in my opinion is to deal whatever good assets there are for prospects and hope those kids will be successful.

The team will start to be improved when new ownership comes into play and brings in competent baseball front office folks. Until then the options are very limited. 

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This season is already DOA, the best course of action in my opinion is to deal whatever good assets there are for prospects and hope those kids will be successful.

The team will start to be improved when new ownership comes into play and brings in competent baseball front office folks. Until then the options are very limited. 

The frustrating one is going to be dealing Crochet and then he ends up mirroring the Chris Sale path.

Might not be more than 5-10% odds with his injury history and overall lack of innings...but that would be another kick in the nuts after Rodon.

With Luis Robert, Jr....pretty much the entire fanbase is already reconciled to/with his eventual loss.   

3 hours ago, palehose1 said:

When it was season ticket renewal time in the fall last year the communication was "we are not going through another rebuild". I was one of the suckers who renewed.

1 hour ago, tray said:

:jpshakehead:

• Like 2

Since 2008, things have been brutal. It used to be that JR's teams would go bad but rebound after a short time. Not during the last 16 years.  The team will be looking at the 20th anniversary of the world championship with little hope. I don't see how JR expects to have leverage regarding a new stadium with a franchise in this bad a shape. Fans aren't going to buy tickets to eat ice cream. But don't worry. Ozzie is a legend. Stone is a legend. But if you're have diabetes, eating that ice cream will put you into a diabetic coma.

We knew this all winter long with all the bizarre signing of castoffs and never were’s, I kept posting and asking what is the game plan. What a screwed up organization and guess what, Getz is GM because no good or smart baseball person with half a brain would want the GM job under Reinsdork. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1