Demote Vaughn

I wonder if the Sox DFA'ed Vaughn anybody would even pick him up. I know he's a first round can't miss sensation but it's so painful to watch him bat that I can't imagine another team thrusting Vaughn upon their AAA manager. Is Vaughn close to being done? He's 11 for 69 with three RBI. My gosh. That's a .159 BA. He needs a change of scenery so bad. Please get rid of him, Getz.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I wonder if the Sox DFA'ed Vaughn anybody would even pick him up.

Maybe Houston to replace Abreu, who's batting .073? Woof. 😅

But, yeah, Vaughn has to head to Charlotte and try to figure it out one last time.

• Haha 2

What argument is there for keeping him up?  I may have been drunk when I created this thread, but the point holds true sober.  This kid is broken and some minor league development can’t hurt (even if four years too late).

Also, Sheets is almost certainly just on a hot streak, but why not give him a month and find out without having to play him in RF?  If he fails, just reverse course in a month.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What argument is there for keeping him up?  I may have been drunk when I created this thread, but the point holds true sober.  This kid is broken and some minor league development can’t hurt (even if four years too late).

Also, Sheets is almost certainly just on a hot streak, but why not give him a month and find out without having to play him in RF?  If he fails, just reverse course in a month.

Once Pham is up (which I assume is like, next week?) just put Sheets at 1st everyday. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Exactly, with Pham soon to arrive put Sheets at first base and send AV to Charlotte to figure things out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Exactly, with Pham soon to arrive put Sheets at first base and send AV to Charlotte to figure things out.

Is Pham the new Richie Zisk of the franchise? Savior? HR after HR?

It appears that Andrew's vulnerability to off speed pitches, especially on the outer half, has been exploited by pitchers. I do not have an answer but as a fan watching a lot of his whiffs, it looks to me like he may need to adjust the timing of his raised leg kick. It looks like he loads up on his back leg too early and the ball is in the catcher's mitt by the time he "steps in the bucket" so to speak with his left foot. I am not adding anything that he doesn't know and the coaches don't know, but it is painful to watch him taken down with so many K's on pitches that are out of the strike zone. For sure, he is a better hitter than what he has shown so far.

2 hours ago, tray said:

It appears that Andrew's vulnerability to off speed pitches, especially on the outer half, has been exploited by pitchers. I do not have an answer but as a fan watching a lot of his whiffs, it looks to me like he may need to adjust the timing of his raised leg kick. It looks like he loads up on his back leg too early and the ball is in the catcher's mitt by the time he "steps in the bucket" so to speak with his left foot. I am not adding anything that he doesn't know and the coaches don't know, but it is painful to watch him taken down with so many K's on pitches that are out of the strike zone. For sure, he is a better hitter than what he has shown so far.

Right now he isn’t doing anything right. What really concerns me is when he was drafted he was thought to be very advanced, and selective. The first time I saw him bat in a spring training game, he only swung at strikes. He seemed destined to be a 90 plus a year walk guy, high OBP and big power. The two scouting reports I read were he was the second coming of Goldschmidt, and another said he was Konerko on steroids. He’s nor even Lamar Johnson on steroids.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Right now he isn’t doing anything right. What really concerns me is when he was drafted he was thought to be very advanced, and selective. The first time I saw him bat in a spring training game, he only swung at strikes. He seemed destined to be a 90 plus a year walk guy, high OBP and big power. The two scouting reports I read were he was the second coming of Goldschmidt, and another said he was Konerko on steroids. He’s nor even Lamar Johnson on steroids.

His brain is baseball mush right now.

A trip to minors to work on his game and free his mind will do him wonders.  BUT he plays for a s%*# organization who has no concept of how to help him.

He is already broken but if they don't help this kid they will destroy his mlb career.

AV and Benni to Charlotte. Maybe AB refuses and we get out of his contract. No one in the minors is ready of course, but Grossman and Pham

on the corners would be better than what we have now. Colas could be next if Grossman flames out quickly. Nothing to lose.

1 hour ago, zisk said:

AV and Benni to Charlotte. Maybe AB refuses and we get out of his contract. No one in the minors is ready of course, but Grossman and Pham

on the corners would be better than what we have now. Colas could be next if Grossman flames out quickly. Nothing to lose.

Just FWIW, Sox are paying Benintendi no matter what. If we tried to make him play in AAA, he could just walk away and keep the money.