Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:38 PM)
Bruce Levine was on wscr making the cubs plan seem sensible. Then said rodon's record hurt him this year man is a putz and dolt.

Great draft thus far.

Going below slot in the first in sensible. Going below slot in the first and second makes no sense because there are diminishing returns and less and less players available each round that are worth breaking the bank for.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:41 PM)
So I imagine the FO is ecstatic right now?

I know everyone loves Reetz but his swing left-handed isn't pretty. You can definitely tell he's a natural righty. I do like the idea and would be happy with the pick but at some point we have to start scaling back to afford Rodon and Adams.

Probably, but we don't really know how those negotiations are going or whether those guys are definitely going to go for above slot.

I know everyone loves Reetz but his swing left-handed isn't pretty. You can definitely tell he's a natural righty. I do like the idea and would be happy with the pick but at some point we have to start scaling back to afford Rodon and Adams.

I'd say just about everyone is ecstatic about the first two selections. Rodon is a legit stud who is not far from contributing to our major league team and Spencer Adams was a first round talent with considerable upside. It's a best of both worlds, knock it out of the park, round 1 & 2.

So far they are pretty damn satisfied.

Bruce Levine was on wscr making the cubs plan seem sensible. Then said rodon's record hurt him this year man is a putz and dolt.

Great draft thus far.

Bruce has always been pro Cubs and anti-Sox. Cubs moves are great, Sox are always so so.

Edited by Soxfest

I'm sorry but that is absolutely hilarious. Bruce should do stand up.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 09:51 PM)
I did. i see he is aprt of the National Pitching association (NPA) which is the Tom house, Nolan Ryan, Larry Rothschild group. These are the guys that taught Mark Prior how to pitch and proclaimed his mechanics perfect. If you've heard of the towel drill and the football throwing drill, this is them.

While i like their analysis method, I'm not a huge fan of their idea of the perfect mechanics and some of the drill to teach them.

I noticed in the Kolek video there's a fitness/training center 1 hour from his ranch and they were definitely doing that towel/snap drill thing with him...jumping up onto a raised surface (mat) and landing in "squat" position, etc.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 12:48 AM)
As much as I harp on velocity being overrated, I'd kill for a RH fireballer. We're very LH heavy. Those LH pitchers have to differentiate themselves by giving hitter different looks.

Why?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:07 PM)
Yeah, those were the only things that I'd say he needs to delete. "xxxx is offically gay" and "Queer" are a couple of the captions. Doesn't offend me in any way, but as a pro athlete, people will find a reason to make a big deal out if it.

Shades of Beckham/Getz.

What is it with Georgia boys like Adams, Beckham and Hawkeroo?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:01 PM)
Shades of Beckham/Getz.

What is it with Georgia boys like Adams, Beckham and Hawkeroo?

There's still a lot of homophobic slurs being slung in the south, the latest of which is "Peggy Boy".

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 11:48 PM)
As much as I harp on velocity being overrated, I'd kill for a RH fireballer. We're very LH heavy. Those LH pitchers have to differentiate themselves by giving hitter different looks.

Quintana and Rodon would be the closest, in terms of fastball velocity and using the cutter vs. the slider.

Nobody's like Danks right now, stuff-wise, with the mid to high 80's velocity and change.

Same with Sale. One of a kind.

It's yet another reason why Santiago was expendable.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 12:07 AM)
Yeah, those were the only things that I'd say he needs to delete. "xxxx is offically gay" and "Queer" are a couple of the captions. Doesn't offend me in any way, but as a pro athlete, people will find a reason to make a big deal out if it.

and rightly so.