GT 8/3: Outfielders? We don't need no stinking outfielders!

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

That at-bat or the rebuild?

The team has been successful despite him being kinda awful offensively in the past. So I don't think the whole rebuild hinges on him. It'd be nice if he showed a pulse for more than a few games though. 

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I hate to say this but we're actually rounding into form and guys that were supposed to produce are producing a bit.

So Yoan is slumping a bit. He was on fire for a month. It's normal. It's called baseball. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't walking. 

Vaughn had a bad few weeks and we were all(myself included) freaking out about him too. 

One thing I've learned is that it's more difficult to recover numbers wise from a bad first month than going into a slump midseason after starting hot. Hitting is all hot streaks and slumps just like having a hot shooting percentage in basketball

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

So Yoan is slumping a bit. He was on fire for a month. It's normal. It's called baseball. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't walking. 

Vaughn had a bad few weeks and we were all(myself included) freaking out about him too. 

One thing I've learned is that it's more difficult to recover numbers wise from a bad first month than going into a slump midseason after starting hot. Hitting is all hot streaks and slumps just like having a hot shooting percentage in basketball

No one in the history of the Sox has had more excuses made for their performance than Yoan

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

when was this month he was "on fire"?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Moncada isn't getting on base. His OBP is .268. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Can Moncada be sent down? The guy is supposed to be just entering his prime years and instead he looks hopelessly broken. I don't know what you do with him but you have to do something to shake him up. 

Doubt much can shake him up. He's collecting $M's regardless. Hit good, hit poor ,minor ,majors, don't matter.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

No one in the history of the Sox has had more excuses made for their performance than Yoan

Even being ice cold for 2 weeks, Moncada is hitting .254/.331/.402 with a 112 wRC+ since June 13th. Ignore everything that happened before that. 

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The team has been successful despite him being kinda awful offensively in the past. So I don't think the whole rebuild hinges on him. It'd be nice if he showed a pulse for more than a few games though. 

He's going to be making too much money to not perform like a star.  Especially for this organization.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I've been saying since May. The Sox need 3 of these 4 players to turn their season around.

Eloy

Pollock

Grandal

Moncada

Only 1 of them appears like they are going to do so.

Eloy was injured. His early at=bats were in April . He is one of the best hitters in the league.