2017 Offseason White Sox News, Notes, and Tweets thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 03:45 PM)
ChicagoSports‏Verified account @ChicagoSports 2h2 hours ago After rapid bullpen turnover, the White Sox's closer situation is "fluid" http://trib.in/2x1iqpa via @ChiTribKane

Which means that if anyone in the bullpen actually comes in and saves a game, he will be gone before the sun comes up.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 08:57 PM)
It does appear he is coming out of his fog.

He's definitely done better of late. Last night he almost got another home run. It was close. I think he's going to be all right. He's probably never going to have a good batting average because of his lack of walks, but a lot of players nowadays don't walk. Salvador Perez gets nothing but praise and he won't walk.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 03:40 AM)
Which means that if anyone in the bullpen actually comes in and saves a game, he will be gone before the sun comes up.

I share you angst oldsox. I like reading criticism now and then to go with all the sunshine. The current bullpen is not even a good minor league bullpen.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 11:40 AM)
I share you angst oldsox. I like reading criticism now and then to go with all the sunshine. The current bullpen is not even a good minor league bullpen.

This is the point of the current bullpen. Take 7 random minor league arms, throw them at a wall, see what sticks.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 01:50 PM)
This is the point of the current bullpen. Take 7 random minor league arms, throw them at a wall, see what sticks.

It's rebuilding 101. Open tryouts, which is the point of clearing out veterans in the first place.

BTW, Wite. Good to see you back but I must ask, have you been drinking? :P

Of the 5 pitchers the Sox used last night, Beck's 6.00 ERA is the lowest. Copp will fix em.

There are things you never see. Covey 15 homers allowed in 40 innings. Holland an ERA near 10.00 his last 14 starts. Goldberg a 14/3 walk to strikeout, all on the same staff. If anyone is really worried about draft position, look at he pitchers agsin.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 04:25 PM)
I saw on Chris Sale's MLB.com player profile that his nickname is now considered to be, "stickman".

Lame.

That is lame. A tall lanky guy like Sale would have been better off with something like Crooked Man. Condor is still the best and what I know him as.