Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

Olson was actually better than Freeman last year, and he's in his prime. This is a good deal for the Braves, assuming Olson keeps it up. That's a lot of prospect capital to give up when Freeman only cost money, though.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Wow that's a lot. Pache isn't the prospect he once was, but that's 3 top 10 prospects from the Braves system. 

The only 1b that are better than him are Freeman and Vlad Jr. The Braves must think Freddie is going to Pujols. It's hard to believe they didn't pony up.

Just now, almagest said:

Olson was actually better than Freeman last year, and he's in his prime. This is a good deal for the Braves, assuming Olson keeps it up. That's a lot of prospect capital to give up when Freeman only cost money, though.

And being from Georgia, maybe they can extend him.

13 minutes ago, Quin said:

Caulfield's new favorite.

Well, they have two bad contracts in Hosmer and Myers, the risk surrounding Tatis…added all those pitchers last year, and still put the medal to the metal.  Not to mention they have Abrams, Gore and Hassell, hard not to look on without feeling a little bit of frustration with the White Sox roster construction at this point.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Classic supply/demand curve.  More dollars chasing the even now more limited talent at that particular position.

Meh. Then wouldn't the idea for every team to sign the first guy?

I guess what I'm really trying to say is just because Suzuki got 5/70 doesn't mean Conforto is going to get massively more. Suzuki is projcted a star

Edited by iWiN4PreP

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Suzuki deal is fair. Guy is projected to be a star in the MLB. I don't think it has any barring over Conforto.

I think a lot of FA signing correlate with others. One less LH OF on the market. He got $70M and 5 years without any MLB experience. Boras knows all these things and that's why he waits on his high priced clients. He let's the market dry up for the skillset he is selling and adjusts accordingly.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think a lot of FA signing correlate with others. One less LH OF on the market. He got $70M and 5 years without any MLB experience. Boras knows all these things and that's why he waits on his high priced clients. He let's the market dry up for the skillset he is selling and adjusts accordingly.

Suzuki is a RHH.