Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

8 minutes ago, Pal said:

Would you guys rather roll with Sheets/Vaughn/Engel (what's left of him) in RF, or trade one of them and go with Joc Pederson?

If it means we get a real SP upgrade, trading Sheets and then signing Joc would be a good move

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pal said:

Would you guys rather roll with Sheets/Vaughn/Engel (what's left of him) in RF, or trade one of them and go with Joc Pederson?

Sounds like either way the preferred RF choice wouldn't be coming. I guess it depends on which of the three is traded and what's the return. 

Always confused when trade targets come on the Sox radar, and folks don't want to get rid of anyone at all, but still expect to complete the trade.

Why in the world, would you NOT want to move Sheets, for Manaea? He is exactly the guy we need, in the rotation.

Just now, Capn12 said:

Always confused when trade targets come on the Sox radar, and folks don't want to get rid of anyone at all, but still expect to complete the trade.

Why in the world, would you NOT want to move Sheets, for Manaea? He is exactly the guy we need, in the rotation.

Remember the Lance Lynn trade? It's what this board is all about. Premium players for junk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox better hope A’s don’t mind MLB-ready players instead of prospects.  Rumor is they’re looking for prospects, which makes it seem like a long shot they can outbid these other teams.

Oh yeah. If it's a prospect trade, they're cooked. The guys from Toronto were big league ready though. 

Just now, fathom said:

Sox better hope A’s don’t mind MLB-ready players instead of prospects.  Rumor is they’re looking for prospects, which makes it seem like a long shot they can outbid these other teams.

I also don't think Manaea is a great guy to run out in the playoffs. He's probably the 4th guy in the rotation. Not worth selling what little we have in the farm for that. 

2 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

I think if the Sox trade for an A's pitcher that Reynaldo will be in the deal.  

Reynaldo is already in arb 2. I don't know if they'd be interested in him. Maybe to give some starts to and flip at the deadline, but that doesn't have a ton of value. 

Edited by chw42